Happy New Year to all our readers.
Last Sunday‘s Mince Pie Run over at Wotton Under Edge attracted about 60 TRC Members across 7 Groups and a good time was had by all!
This Thursday 27th Dec the Leisure Centre is closed but there will be a steady run for those that want it from the top car park – meet at 7pm as usual
• Tues 1st January 2019:. No run. Hangover recovery unless you are training for London then you have to go out and do the Hangover 10k down at Weston.
• Thursday 3rd Jan. Back to normal at the Leisure Centre at 7pm. By ‘normal’ this means our new room at the top of the stairs now called the Filnore Suite! Thanks for all your patience with having to meet in the snooker room. Kevin Wood on the Welcome Desk and Carol Moses on Tea. Please remember to take off your muddy shoes before entering our pristine new meeting room.
• Sat 5th January. Glos XC Championships. See Jim Godden. Work up an appetite for the Party!
• Sat 5th January. TRC Xmas party Thornbury Golf Club. Everyone should have paid the balance to Suzy Cundy by now.
• Sun 6th January. South West XC Championships. Aldon Hill Yeovil. – a tough call straight after the Party!
• Also on Sun 6th January it is the Riverbank Rollick Letter drop. We need as many people as possible for this – it makes it so much easier if we have 10+ people.
• Sun 13th January 2019. The date of TRC’s Riverbank Rollick.! We have changed the Event HQ to the Castle School Sports Hall and we have changed the course – now 9.6 miles. Thanks to those that have volunteered so far but we still need a lot more people. Names to Jo Emerson or Arthur Renshaw as soon as possible please.. We need about 30 more volunteers please.
• Sat 9th February. Gwent League XC-4 – Pontypool
• Sunday 3rd March It is the Swimathon again at the Leisure Centre – TRC usually puts in two teams of 6 in the relay to help raise money for the nominated Charities. Interested swimmers please see Arthur Renshaw.
• 2019 TRC 10k Race Championships : The races for 2019 are as for 2018. This gives everybody plenty of time to enter.
o Minchinhampton 10k 10th March
o Berkeley 10k. 13th May
o Bradley Stoke 10k. 9th June
o Old Down 10k. 28th July
o Woodchester Park 8m. 8th Sept
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
And to Jim Godden for the TRC Website. firstname.lastname@example.org