Introductory Courses for New Runners.
“I have honestly really enjoyed the course, have met some great people and, due to the support of the club, have started to run which I never dreamed possible! So thank you very much for all you have done for me!”
Twice a year, Spring & Autumn, we run a 9 week Introductory Courses for New Runners. Our aim is to help you get from 0 to 5k in that time.
All abilities are welcome but athletes must be 18 or over. Whatever your current ability we hope that by the end of the course you will be able to run/walk 5km and, if you wish, be in a position to take part in a parkrun.
The cost for the 9 weeks is £10. This can be discounted from your membership should you choose to join the club after the sessions as many people do.
If you would like to join the next session please contacting : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please tell your friends and family.
- 45 minute sessions to take you from 0 to 5Km
- Discover the fun of running
- Enjoy the benefits of getting fit
- Run with others for support
- Safe running in a group
- Sessions run by a qualified Coach or Leader
- Help with injury prevention
What previous participants have said:
“I’m hugely appreciative of the time, effort and support in providing the course and I’m really pleased to have made such good progress in a relatively short space of time. Most of all, I’ve really enjoyed it and will definite try to get to the 5k mark in the future.”
“A big thank you to you guys at TRC – I have gone from your introduction course to running Berkeley / Bradley Stoke / Thornbury 10k’s and now 4.5 stone lighter I may not be able to get to club nights but I do appreciate the support you have given me on my personal journey”
“Just to say a big thank-you to all the coaches, it was a great course and I appreciate the time you all give up to help us all. “
“I would like to thank you and the running club for getting me back on the right track – since doing the beginner’s course I have joined the gym and have signed up to do the Great Bristol 10K in May next year “
Running is associated with many health benefits:
- The British Journal of Sports Medicine reported .. Running, no matter how far or often, brings substantial health benefits. Any amount of running was associated with a 27% lower risk of death from all causes for both sexes, compared to non-runners (Research based on 14 studies of more than 233,000 people)
- Parkrun: a 5k event making strides in boosting health: