The next Thornbury Riverbank Rollick is planned for Sunday January 16th 2022 at 10:30 am.
Entries open <click here> at 18:00 on Friday evening 3rd of December. Entries have filled fast in recent years.
The Riverbank Rollick is 9.6 miles long, and has approx. 120m of ascent and is 80 per cent off-road, on trails, bridle paths, across fields and through woodland and, of course, along the Riverbank.
The Route (pdf <click> or Gmap <click>) and Race HQ are as in 2019. Parts of the route are on private land so, as usual, please respect the countryside and don’t follow the full course except for the race.
HQ is Castle School Sports Hall, Park Rd, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 1HT. Marshals will direct you to parking but please share lifts to minimise traffic.
Important information regarding race day:
The route benefits from lots of fresh air, but when in the Race HQ building and toilets please observe the usual covid cautions.
- Wear your grippiest offroad shoes.
- The Start is a 15 min walk/10 minute jog from Race HQ.
- The riverbank is very exposed, so allow for extra wind chill.
- Remember to smile at marshals, or just grin through gritted teeth.
- Bring change for donations for Refreshments to go to our nominated local charity.
If you have any questions or issues please contact Race Director firstname.lastname@example.org
PREVIOUS YEARS RESULTS