Thornbury running club’s first event of 2019, the Riverbank Rollick, was run on Sunday 13th January.
Once again Charles Whitton Photography will be on hand and you can buy some good photos of the runners here shortly after the race.
The entry limit of 500 entries was reached in 24 hours! And congratulaution to the 448 of you finished.
We had a new NEW RACE HQ AND REVISED ROUTE for 2019. The club felt that the better facilities in the Castle School Sport Hall* worked much better. We hope you enjpoyed the race and the better facilities.
*Race HQ is now at the New Sports Hall, Castle School, Park Rd, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 1HT.
The Riverbank Rollick is 9.5 miles long, and has approx. 120m of ascent and is 80 per cent off-road, on trails, bridle paths, across fields and through woodland.
- Entries will be available through Full on Sport website
- Minimum age = 18 years old.
- Gun to chip timing.
- Team and individual prizes in all major categories.
- The race will be run under ARC Rules (Permit applied for).
- Race numbers with attached chips will be issued on the day.
- Waiting list available on the Full On Sport page.
- Transfers are to be handled by the individual using the Full on Sport page.
- Check the Thornbury running club web site or Facebook for more instructions and any updates before race day
Important information regarding race day:-
- Start is 15 min walk/10 minute jog from Castle School.
- Runners are to be escorted to the start line by our Marshals.
- Race number collection, bag drop, changing rooms, showers and refreshments will be available in the School Sports Hall
- The club accept no responsibility for missing/damage to items within bags.
- There is one water station at Littleton-upon-Severn, approximately 5.8 miles (9 km) from the start.
- Cut off time = 2.5 hours.
- There will be a sweep runner but marshals will leave the course. Signage will be left in place.
- Please car share where possible. Parking available at The Castle School or the public car parks in Thornbury (nearest is Castle Court car park).
Some sections are on private land with the owners’ permission only for the race. At other times please follow paths clearly marked as public footpaths or bridleways.
A gpx file of the route can be downloaded here (requires unzipping before use).
Starts at ‘The Pithay’ near St Mary’s Church, Thornbury, heads out to St Arilda’s Church at Oldbury, down to the scenic Severn Riverbank before turning left along the estuary for about 1.5 miles past Whale Wharf with views over to the Bridge and Chepstow.
It then heads back through the village of Littleton Upon Severn and beside Thornbury Golf course and into Mundy Playing Fields. Instead of the traditional finish here, the course now continues through the Playing Fields (AND THE STREAM!!).
Leave Mundy playing fields through the gate shortly after exiting the stream. Follow public footpath to Kington Lane, across Kington Lane through Cemetery and back to Pithay start (9 miles).
Take Pithay right fork and follow path in a loop back to Sheiling School and onto public footpath and follow back into School Playing Fields. Final sprint across field & alongside all-weather pitch to finish at pitch corner.
If you have any questions or issues please contact Race Director firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on race day!