Riverbank Rollick- 2024 Race Series Race #1
Includes Wiltshire Off-Road Race League – race #4
Off Road & Muddy
Sunday 14th January at 10:30am
The iconic Riverbank Rollick is a 9.6 mile run on trails, bridle paths, across fields, in woodland, through a stream and along a riverbank! 80% of the course is off-road. Being in January this normally means mud and this is why runners keep coming back! A great way to kick off the year, kick out the January blues and kick start running in 2024.
For 2024 we will once again recognise your efforts with a wooden medal. If you take part in all 3 TRC Race Series 2024 events (Riverbank Rollick, Thornbury 10km and the Oldbury 10 mile) the medals will create a larger impressive medal. Look out for photos coming soon on Facebook.
We want to encourage runners to enter the whole Race Series and are offering a £10 discount for entering all three events (Riverbank Rollick 14th January, Thornbury 10k 27th June and Oldbury 10m 22nd September) and by offering a prize for both the woman and man who achieve the cumulative fastest absolute time across the three events.
Please note: You need to enter the race series at the time of first entry please. You cannot enter the Riverbank Rollick and then later select series entry and receive the discount.
About the Race
- Entries are only available through Full on Sport. There are no on the day entries.
- Minimum age = 18 years old.
- We want the event to be inclusive and for the well-being of our marshals* and all runners we have an expected run time of 2.5 hours for this event (approx. 15.5 mins / mile). We will review your progress at the Littleton water station, along with the weather conditions, and decide if you can continue. If you are asked to withdraw, we will drive you back to the Race HQ. Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated. All signs will be removed, marshals withdrawn, medical cover finished and the finish timing and HQ closed (* With this expected run time some marshals will be on the course for 4.5 hours with course set up, marshaling and clear up)
- If you are entering as a VI Guide Runner supporting a VI Runner then the Guide Runner’s race entry is free of charge. A discount code has been provided to ‘VI Runners Bristol’ for the Guide to use on their entry. When you enter using the Guide code, we will ask for the name of your VI Runner so we can match the entries. If you are not a member of VI Runners Bristol, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.
- Mass start gun to chip timing.
- Individual prizes in all major 16 categories (see Terms)
- ARC permit number ARC/24/0023
- Transfers are to be handled by the individual using the Full on Sport page – transfers must be completed before 23:59 Tuesday 9th January 2024.
Important Race Day Information
- Race HQ is at the New Sports Hall, Castle School, Park Rd, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 1H. Please car share where possible. Parking available at The Castle School on a first come, first server basis, or the public car parks in Thornbury (nearest is Castle Court car park).
- Race number collection and refreshments will be available in the School Sports Hall. The club accept no responsibility for missing/damage to items within bags left in the Sports Hall.
- Registration 9:00am – 10:00 am when you will receive your race number.
- The Race briefing will be at 10:00am at the school. Please arrive in good time.
- We will than escort all runners, in a series of groups to the start line which is a 10–15-minute walk from Castle School ready for the mass start
- There is one water station at Littleton-upon-Severn, approximately 5.8 miles (9 km) from the start.
We are a hard-working group of volunteers who organise these events in our spare time, fitting it in around family and work. If you have a question, comment, suggestion or feedback please contact us directly to give us the time and opportunity to respond fully, thank you. Please contact email@example.com
Race Sustainability Pledge
We will make small changes that won’t cost the Earth.
- Encourage all participants and marshals to car share, cycle, walk or run to the event.
- Ask you to bring your own refillable water bottle. (Please label your bottle and we will provide a table at the finish for you to leave it on.)
- Use compostable cups at the water stations and refreshment stand.
- Ask you to recycle your race number in the recycle box provided.
- Eliminate all paper (where possible).
- Reuse all of our signage.
- Request that you do not leave litter on the course (e.g. gel wrappers).
- Award FSC wooden medals and any excess medals will be recycled.
- Recycle any unclaimed clothing with the homeless charity Blond Street Angels.
- Reuse our volunteer marshals on other events!
PREVIOUS YEARS RESULTS