TRC Club Night 29/08/19
John Watt and Justin Taylor are still looking for more help with the Oldbury 10 mile on Sunday 1st September. We are sold out (500 entrants) so we need all the help we can to ensure it all goes well on the day. Please see John or Justin if you haven’t offered to help yet.#
AUTUMN IS UPON US AND THE NIGHTS ARE DRAWING IN SO PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR HI-VIZ NEXT WEEK
PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY – The form is now by the door into the room near the Welcome Desk
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.
Groups this week
• 7 min Group with Jim Godden
• 8 min Group with Ben Foss
• 9-10 min Group with Mike Bennewitz
• 10+ min Group with Liz Dix
• 5k Group with Pete Mainstone
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Jo Plumbley
• Tea Rota Next Week: James Marshall
• Welcome Desk this week : Cathy Watkins
• New TRC social alert! : TRC Members and Family Sports Day – Sunday 15th September 10.30-14.30 at The Castle School
Tickets: £2 per person or £5 for a family *includes BBQ food
The TRC sports day will include all the classic events with races for every age, you don’t even have to run, supporters are just as important! There will also be a BBQ, so bring your picnic blanket, running trainers or supporters cheer and join us for what we hope is a fun day!
Get your tickets at Club Night from Emma Pritchard or Nikki Foss or email email@example.com
The money raised from ticket sales will be split between:
Taryn Roberts, who is racing in the Ironman World Championships in Kona in October
Caron Hale, who is competing in the Veterans Fencing World Championships in Cairo October
• Sunday 1st Sept: Oldbury 10 Mile. John & Justin need your help – particularly if you did not help with the Thornbury 10k. Contact John Watt or Justin Taylor asap.
• Wednesday Sept 4th. The Autumn Beginners Running Course starting Wednesday 4th Sept for 9 weeks is now FULL with 25 registered and fully paid participants. We have a rota of coaches/leaders and supporters but more help is always welcome. You don’t need to sign up for 9 weeks, just turning up for 1 week would be great! Beginners need support and encouragement and are a great source of new members …. Please help. Thank you firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sunday 8th Sept : The remaining race in the TRC Championships for 2019 is Woodchester Park – it is 8 hilly miles !
• Sunday 24th November: The Bicton Blister. Pete is organising a coach trip again this year. Don’t forget you have to enter the race individually direct . Let Pete know if you want a coach seat (£10 per person)
Footpath Closure proposed: Some of you may have seen that the Castle School /Shieling School are trying to close a footpath we use for the route of the Riverbank Rollick. The Committee decided that the Club would make it known to the Council that we do use the path but would leave it up to individual Members to decide whether to formally object or not. Please see the link here… it’s your choice; closing date for comment 23 Aug. https://consultations.southglos.gov.uk/consult.ti/PT.6312_OTH19/consultationHome
TRC Website. We are seeking an individual who knows something about web sites to help us maintain & improve the TRC website. If you are interested please see Nick Langridge, Dave Beard or Steve Dimond.
Results reporting: Finally, if you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the papers please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com