Normal-ish groups this week. (subject to change because of the second Running Techniques course on tonight)
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your run please remove your dirty trainers before coming back into the Centre. We don’t want to make our new room dirty! Thanks for your co-operation on this.
• 7 min Group with Dave Beard
• 8 min on road Group with Kevin C
• 9-10 min Group with Angela
• 11+ min Group with Liz Dix
• 5k Group with Ros
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Mick & Jo Stirrup
• Tea Rota Next Week: Steve Evans
• Welcome Desk this week : Rob Watkins
Even though we don’t ask you for money on a Club night we still need you to sign in – just so we know how many people we have and as a check if we think we have lost anyone! PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY.
Tonight Thurs 17th Jan is the second of the Running Techniques sessions – those of you whom expressed an interest in this will have been e-mailed individually by Jim Godden. We will start in the Thornbury Leisure Centre Filnore Suite at 7.30pm after the others have gone out. There will be a short theory session after which we will then go to the top car park for the workshop. It will end with a mop up session including stretching back in the Filnore Suite (or another room) finishing at 9.30pm. Please wear normal running kit including a warm top as you may be standing around outside for short periods. The club is paying per person for the event so please don’t waste your allocated place.
The Riverbank Rollick was on Sunday. A great job was done by all and we have had lots of good feedback from the 450 runners. If you still have any signs, bibs etc please bring them to Club on a Thursday night and give to Arthur Renshaw. Jo Plumbley has a lot of leftover kit from Sunday – if anyone is looking for kit then see Jo P. A big thank you to all our helpers. If you didn’t help on this one I’m sure you will volunteer for our next Club event – The Thornbury 10k in July.
• Sat 9th February. Gwent League XC-4 – Pontypool
• Sun 17th February. Gloucester League XC-4 – Pittville Park Cheltenham
• Sat 2nd March. Gwent League XC-5. Blaise Castle final Gwent League
• Sun 3rd March It is the Swimathon again at the Leisure Centre – TRC usually puts in two teams of 6 in the relay to help raise money for the nominated Charities. Interested swimmers please see Arthur Renshaw or Mike Bennewitz
2019 TRC 10k Race Championships :
The races for 2019 are as for 2018. This gives everybody plenty of time to enter.
o Minchinhampton 10k 10th March
o Berkeley 10k. 13th May
o Bradley Stoke 10k. 9th June
o Old Down 10k. 28th July
o Woodchester Park 8m. 8th Sep
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
And to Jim Godden for the TRC Website. firstname.lastname@example.org