Joining TRC or Renew Your Membership
- The Club membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March
- Full annual adult membership is £25. The membership application form contains details of the additional family membership costs.
- We have no weekly subscription fees so you get all the benefits for a fixed cost.
- If you are joining part way through the year there is a reduced membership fee – details on the application form.
Please fill in the on line membership form here
- To make renewal easier please set up a standing order to a/c name: Thornbury Running Club; a/c No. 01190517, Bank sort Code 30-12-04, Amount, Payment date 1st April each year, Reference: please include your full name as a reference.
- If, for some reason, you do not wish to set up a SO, please pay on-line to a/c name: Thornbury Running Club; a/c No. 01190517, Bank sort Code 30-12-04, please include your full name as a reference.
- If you cannot do either of the above we will accept cheques, made payable to ‘Thornbury Running Club’.
England Athletics (EA) Membership
The club will subsidise England Athletics fees (£15 down to £10). Individual EA membership entitles members to certain benefits. See the EA website for more. The race and equipment discounts alone can cover the club and EA fees. Here are some benefits, but check their website as the offers and discounts change periodically:
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes – under UKA Rules for Competition many competitions, particularly track and field, are only open to registered athletes.
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licensed road and multi-terrain events.
EA membership also allows the club to get guaranteed London Marathon places which members can apply for if they fail the public ballot. See the Rule 8 in Rules and Constitution, under committee.
For those people who wish to take advantage of the England Athletics subsidy (the club pays £5 towards your membership), you must renew before 1st April.
Please renew as soon as possible as this helps the club understand its financial position and our ability to plan and invest in event, training etc.
Thornbury Running Club is only open to members over the age of 18 years old (some exceptions are possible in certain circumstances and a parent or guardian must be present).
There are a number of local clubs that can cater for runners under 18 years old. Through our relationship with Running Revolutions we would suggest that you consider South Glos AC as a possible club if you are under 18.
The main benefit is that you get to run, train, improve your running and join in with other like-minded souls in the wonderful world of club running. You will find other people of your own level and aspirations, be introduced to new routes and events that you never knew about before, and generally enjoy the exhilaration, companionship and fun of getting out and running.
In addition to running we have a number of well supported regular social activities too, such as a pizza nights, Christmas Party or informal drinks after club nights and events.
Benefits of Membership
- Up to 3 days/week where you can join in with organised sessions led by UK Athletics qualified leaders
- Access to TRC UK Athletics qualified coaches
- Discover new and exciting off road local routes
- The safety of running in a group (especially on dark winter nights)
- Discounted entry into on certain events (*England Athletic (EA) membership may also be required) e.g. Cross Country and Club Championship nominated events
- Discount on English Athletic (£5)
- Discount off gym membership at Active Fit
- Discount at various sports shops (typically the discount on one pair of new running shoes almost covers your membership fee!)
- Invitation to club social events (often subsidised)
- Access to great value quality club kit
- Tea, squash & biscuits on Thursday nights!
If that is not enough, there are good financial reasons to join and easily recoup your membership fee. The following organisations have offered discount to TRC Members in the past:
- MOTI – 49 Whiteladies Rd, Bristol BS8 2LS
- Ellis Brigham – 160 Whiteladies Rd, Bristol BS8 2XZ
- Easy Runner – 6 Horfield Rd, Avon, Bristol BS2 8EA
- Up and Running – 38 North View, Westbury Park, Bristol BS6 7QA
- Thornbury Leisure Centre – Alveston Hill, Thornbury BS35 3JB
- MyPhysio (Physiotherapy, gait analysis) – Elite Fitness, 26-30 St Mary St, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 2AT https://myphysio.org.uk/ £35 for an assessment or treatment session (normally £45 / £40).
- Ray Sunnucks (Physiotherapy)
- Johnson & Furze (Optician) – 7 Chapel St, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 2BJ
- The Thornbury Clinic (Physiotherapy, Massage, Pilates and Yoga) – 4 Castle Street, Thornbury, Bristol, BS35 1HB – https://thethornburyclinic.co.uk/
- We do not have formal agreements with all of the organisations listed above, so please check before making your purchase to ensure that the discount is still available.
- You do not need a Membership Card to receive the discount, simply say you are a member and they might ask you an easy question about the club.
- If you find other organisations willing to offer TRC a discount please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be added to the list for everyone’s benefit
- Other retailers are available!
First / Second Claim Member Benefits
|Full Adult / Additional Family Member||Second Claim|
|T-Shirt||£10 (subsidised)||Full Price (£15.60)|
|XC Entry Refund||Yes||Yes|
|London Marathon Place||Yes||No|
|Social event Subsidy||Yes||Yes|
|Marshalling Club Events||Yes||Yes|
|Pete Mainstone Challenge||Yes||Yes (only if enter events as TRC)|
|Cross Country Championships||Yes||Yes (only if enter events as TRC)|
|Helen Ralphs Memorial Award||Yes||No|
In addition to joining in with the Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday runs and enjoying yourself we would appreciate your help with two things, the Thursday tea rota and marshalling of our 3 events:
Thursday Tea Rota: After the Thursday run you will have experienced the benefits of the refreshments. Richard Illingworth runs the rota, so please volunteer to take a turn … Val will explain what is involved
Marshalling at Club Events: We organise three club events per year all of which are very popular and require people to marshal:
- ‘Riverbank Rollick’ 8.5 mile multi-terrain race in January
- Thornbury 10k in July
- ‘Oldbury Power Station 10’ miles in October