Club Membership Renewals
- Everyone’s TRC Membership is being rolled over for a further 6 months to 1st October 2020 at no charge to anyone.
- Anybody who has already renewed will get a full refund.
- If EA ask for renewals from 1st April the club will also cover your EA Fees for the time being.
- In October, assuming we are back to some semblance of normality, then we will ask you to renew for just the half year until 31st March 2021.
- We are not going to ask for any money under the present circumstances.
Under this menu tab you will find details of:-
- what membership involves
- how to become a member
- how to renew membership
- what you get for your membership.
Membership fees for 2020 – 21
- The club membership year runs from April 1st of each year.
- The membership application form (links below) contains details of the annual membership cost.
- We have no weekly subscription fees so you get all the benefits for a fixed cost.
- If you are joining part way through the year there is a reduced membership fee – details on the application form.
Regardless if you are just joining the club for the first time or renewing your membership please read the information below carefully:-
- Download and complete EITHER the NEW membership form OR the RENEWAL form (please see below)
- Make your payment
- Please scan, saving the file as your name and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org If you are unable to do this please give a hard copy to Kevin (W), Membership Secretary.
- Please, we need a form and payment in order to process your membership
The Membership Application Form for NEW Members:
The RENEWAL Form for EXISTING Members:
- To make renewal easier please set up a standing order to a/c No. 01190517, Bank sort Code 30-12-04, Amount, Payment date 1st April each year, Reference: please include your full name as a reference.
- If, for some reason, you do not wish to set up a SO, please pay on-line to a/c No. 01190517, Bank sort Code 30-12-04, please include your full name as a reference.
- If you cannot do either of the above we will accept cheques, made payable to ‘Thornbury Running Club’.
England Athletics (EA) Membership:
The club will subsidise England Athletics fees (£16 down to £10). Individual EA membership entitles members to certain benefits. See the EA website for more. The race and equipment discounts alone can cover the club and EA fees. Here are some benefits, but check their website as the offers and discounts change periodically:
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes – under UKA Rules for Competition many competitions, particularly track and field, are only open to registered athletes.
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licensed road and multi-terrain events.
EA membership also allows the club to get guaranteed London Marathon places which members can apply for if they fail the public ballot. See the Rule 8 in Rules and Constitution, under committee.
For those people who wish to take advantage of the England Athletics subsidy (the club pays £6 towards your membership), you must renew before 1st April.
Please renew as soon as possible as this helps the club understand its financial position and our ability to plan and invest in event, training etc.