Oldbury 10 mile – 2024 Race Series Race #3
Flat & Fast
Sunday 22nd September at 10:30am
10 miles is the perfect distance for anyone stepping up from 10k (6.2 miles) or preparing for a half marathon. The accurately measured course is on quiet lanes by the River Severn and is both flat and fast. A great run for a Sunday morning to hone your speed or just enjoy the quiet lanes.
We offer a £100 prize to anyone who can beat the course record: Men – 50min.19sec Michael Johnson, Cardiff AC (2010); Ladies – 57min.09sec Kim Fawke, Telford AC (2008)
The Oldbury 10 mile usually forms part of the Avon Road Race Championships, eligibility criteria can be found here.
For 2024 we will once again recognise your efforts with a wooden medal. If you take part in all 3 TRC Race Series 2024 events (Riverbank Rollick, Thornbury 10km and the Oldbury 10 mile) the medals will create a larger impressive medal. Look out for photos coming soon on Facebook.
We want to encourage runners to enter the Race Series and are offering a £10 discount for entering all three events (Riverbank Rollick 14th January, Thornbury 10k 27th June and Oldbury 10m 22nd September) and by offering a prize for both the woman and man who achieve the cumulative fastest absolute time across the three events.
Please note: You need to enter the race series at the time of first entry please. You cannot enter the Riverbank Rollick and then later select series entry and receive the discount.
About the Race
- Entries are only available through Full on Sport. There are no on the day entries.
- Minimum age = 18 years old.
- We want the event to be inclusive and for the wellbeing of our marshals and all runners we have an expected run time of 2 hours for this event.
- If you are entering as a VI Guide Runner supporting a VI Runner then the Guide Runner’s race entry is free of charge. A discount code has been provided to ‘VI Runners Bristol’ for the Guide to use on their entry. When you enter using the Guide code, we will ask for the name of your VI Runner so we can match the entries. If you are not a member of VI Runners Bristol, please contact email@example.com for the discount code.
- Individual prizes in all major 16 categories (see Terms)
- Transfers are to be handled by the individual using the Full on Sport page – transfers must be completed before 23:59 Tuesday 17th September.
- Gun to chip timing.
Important Race Day Information
Race HQ is at Oldbury Power Station, Oldbury Naite, Thornbury, BS35 1RQ where there is plenty of parking.Registration from: 9:00amRace number collection and toilets will be available in the main building at the Power StationThere are no changing facilities or showersThe club accept no responsibility for missing/damage to items left in the building.There are two water stations on the course. One between 3-4 miles and the second between 7-8 miles
Race Route & Event map
We are a hard-working group of volunteers who organise these events in our spare time, fitting it in around family and work. If you have a question, comment, suggestion or feedback please contact us directly to give us the time and opportunity to respond fully, thank you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Absolutely loved today’s race. First time doing a 10 miler for me and thought it was so well organised and beautiful flat route. Huge thank you to all marshalls and organisers
Enjoyed the event last did it in 2009! Thankfully was a lot quicker yesterday will be back next year keep up the great work
PREVIOUS YEARS RESULTS
- Men – 50min.19sec Michael Johnson, Cardiff AC (2010)
- Women – 57min.09sec Kim Fawke, Telford AC (2008)
Previous Years Results: