• Please wear a Hi-Viz top for your safety when running around the streets.
• Head torches are recommended when running away from well light areas.
• Before the Thursday run you can meet inside the Leisure Centre in the Fitness Suite if you wish or go straight to your Groups in the car park for the 19:00 run start. The Fitness Suite room will also be open after the run for tea and biscuits.
Thursday Club Night Leaders
• 7 min – Mark West
• 8 min – Ashleigh
• 9 min – Chris Pritchard
• 10 min – Steve Dimond
• 12 min(5k) – Amel
• Walking – Val James
28/10 – Pete Mainstone
04/11 – Nick Langridge
Many club members value the opportunity for tea & biscuits and a chat after the run on a Thursday. This only works if we have somebody willing to make the tea and we have had very few volunteers since we resumed meeting inside. To solve this we propose to go back to publishing a ‘Tea Rota’. This is an opportunity to give something back to the club. If it is your week to be on tea duty and you cannot make it then you are responsible for finding a replacement. The initial Tea Rota will be sent out separately to all Members by e-mail.
1. EA Run Coaching Programme – Session #2 The Marathon
If you missed last Monday’s EA Run Coaching session on the Marathon or if you want to listen again then a recording of the Kerry Newell led session can be found here… use Passcode Passcode: L1L5Vw#$
2. Cross Country – Gloucester League Saturday 30th October.
First cross country event of the Gloucester league is on Saturday 30th October at Cirencester. See details of all the Glos League events here: https://www.athletics4u.co.uk/cross-country/
There will be no on-the-day entries this year and entries close 5 days before the race ie tomorrow Monday 25th. Everyone needs to individually enter using the link below. You have to register with Entry Central first and enter your name & address, dob and Club (Thornbury Running Club) and then register for the race once your profile has been set-up: https://entrycentral.com/glos-xc-league
For full details and arrangements for the day you need to be on the TRC Cross Country WhatsApp group. If you need adding to the Group contact the XC-Captains Hannah Hamilton or Jim Godden.
3. Pete Mainstone Challenge
Two events to go in the 2021-22 Pete Mainstone Challenge.
• 19th December Chippenham Shortest Day 10k
• 27th Feb – Challenge Finale – Pontypool Park 10k (Pete’s personal pick!)
Full results to date can be found on the TRC website:
4. parkrun of the Month – 6th November.
The parkrun of the month for November 6th will be Berkeley Green. Please wear Club colours.
Sat 13th November is Thornbury parkrun’s 100th birthday. Time to celebrate!
5. Discounted Offers to TRC Members
Sports Massage: Jason has been used by several Club Members and until the end of November he is offering 50% off to TRC members. Jason provides a mobile service and can be contacted on 0797 4181049
Running Gait Analysis at Thornbury Clinic: Thornbury Clinic at the Leisure Centre now offer a full running gait analysis service. Get rid of those niggles and improve your run technique. For more information check the link below and don’t forget TRC Members get a 10% discount. https://thethornburyclinic.co.uk/our-therapies/running-gait-analys/
6. Club Nights
Please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms please see: