Normal groups this week
In addition to Hi-viz tops for our winter runs your Committee advises that due to the state of the pavements and the street lighting around Thornbury that you wear a head torch when you go out in your Groups on a Tuesday & Thursday. Head Torches are compulsory if you are going with an off-road Group.
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your run please remove your dirty trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.
- 7 min Group as normal
- 8 min Group with Ros (on-road)
- 9-10 min Group with Steve D
- 11+ min Group with Suzy
- 5k Group with Pete
- The Walking Group
- Tea Rota This week : Dave Palmer
- Tea Rota Next Week: Richard Illingworth
Even though we don’t ask you for money on a Club night we still need you to sign in – just so we know how many people we have and as a check if we think we have lost anyone! PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY.
TRC now has 200 Members – 51% F / 49% M
Anyone want to become a Run Leader or any existing Leaders want to move up to be a Coach? If you are interested please make yourself known to Arthur Renshaw. We need a few more Run Leaders as we will be having at least one more Group on a Thursday. Some of you may know that our Coach Craig is leaving us when he moves to Cornwall so we have Ros & Kevin Wood currently in training to be Coaches as support to Pete Mainstone our only other qualified Coach.
London Marathon Club Place: This year the Club place has been awarded to Dave Beard. Dave has run a lot of Ultras but has never run London so we all expect him to get a good time. Dave has been on the TRC committee for some years and is our resident expert on the toilets for our Events!
Running Techniques workshop – You may recall we sent out a Google Poll to gauge the interest in this and so we are now proceeding with organising two sessions of this (25 Members per 2 hour session) More details to follow from Jim Godden when he has fixed the dates.
On a similar subject England Athletics are running a ‘Movement Skills’ workshop at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre on Sunday 2nd Dec (11.00 – 17.00) The Cost is £20 but if you want to go register now as there is only 11 places remaining as of today. https://www.ulearnathletics.com/moduleEvent/88090
- Sun 25th November : Bicton Blister. Pete has organised a coach & lunch again. Pete needs to know if there are any drop-outs as there is a waiting list. Also Pete needs to know if you have any dietary requirements,. Note you will need to enter the Bicton Blister (10 miles) & the Bicton Light (4.5 miles) yourself directly.
- Sun 9th December. Glos League XC-3 Wotton-Under-Edge
- Thurs 20th December. TRC pre-Xmas party. Curry Night £5. See separate e-mail from Jim Godden to book your place.
- Sun 23rd December. TRC traditional Xmas run from Wotton-under-Edge (more details nearer the date)
- Sat 5th January. TRC Xmas party Thornbury Golf Club. Please see the separate e-mail from Suzy Cundy asking for your menu choices & outstanding £20pp balance.
- Sun 6th January. South West XC Championships. Aldon Hill Yeovil. – a tough call straight after the Party!
- Sun 13th January 2019. The date of the next TRC Riverbank Rollick. 500 Entries sold out in 36 hours! We have changed the Event HQ to the Castle School Sports Hall and we have changed the course – now 9.6 miles. We are now looking for volunteers to help so please keep the date free and be prepared to join our Team to make this one of the best organised Races on the Calendar. Names to Jo Emerson or Arthur Renshaw.
Please send any results for publication to Matt email@example.com
And to Jim Godden for the TRC Website. firstname.lastname@example.org