Until 28th March we still have a further 3 weeks of carrying on with the present restrictions. Club Nights are cancelled and we are not meeting as groups. What you can do is shown below….
Athletes and Runners can train with household bubbles or ONE other person. Individual training is permitted but note Govt guidance is only to leave the house once per day and to stay local, which means you can travel a short distance within your area for example to access an open space.
All being well restrictions will start to be eased from 29th March…
1. From 29th March we can go back to meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre and run in groups of up to 6 as we did before. We expect the first TRC run under these arrangements to be Thursday 1st April. We also expect to have a new system in place to conform to Track & Trace – more details to follow. The Walking group are expected to also start back on Thursday 1st April. Note the hour changes on Sun 28th March so lighter nights for our runs in April.
2. From 12th April the Gym & Swimming Pool at the Leisure Centre will re open. The groups of 6 meeting outside is still applicable.
3. From 17th May the size of Groups meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre can be increased to 30 – although we may decide to continue to split into smaller Groups.
4. From 21st June all restrictions are removed and we could go back to meeting indoors at the Leisure Centre if we want to. We still have access to our old room on a Thursday night if we want to use it. We will run another check on what Members want to do before we decide to go back indoors.
This is the latest England Athletics Statement from 24th February…
TRC Membership Renewal 2021/22
Our new Membership year starts 1 April 2021. As you all know we waived all Club fees for last year due to not being able to function as normal due to Covid. However, all being well, we can start moving back to ‘normal’ as from 29th March and we intend to collect fees for the year starting 1 April 2021. The Club fees will be maintained at the same level we collected for 2019.
• First Claim TRC Membership £25
• Additional adult family Member £20
• Second Claim/Associates/Social Member £15
• Student Member (NUS card) £10
England Athletics (EA) Membership is additional to the TRC Club fees. Current EA Members will have received an e-mail from EA in the past week detailing the fees and benefits of being an EA Member. EA charge £15 but TRC subsidises this by £5 so TRC Members pay an additional £10 for being an EA Member. All fees, including EA fees, and payment options are detailed on the Membership Form.
We have a new on-line TRC Membership form that all Members, including additional family members, need to complete and return their own form – we need to make sure you all accept the Terms & Conditions of Membership. Please read and complete the Membership form and make your payment by Wed 31st March – this is particularly important for Members wanting to continue their EA Membership which commences on 1st April. If you are paying by Bank Transfer then please remember to include your surname in the BACS reference
On-line TRC Membership Form : https://forms.gle/8YczPPn5biH1Rk929
All the activities below should also be on the TRC Members Facebook page.
1. TRC Zoom Café – Thursdays from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm
If you fancy a chat please feel free to drop into the Zoom café on a Thursday. Last few weeks as we plan to close the café when we get back to Thursday Club Night!
Recurring Invite – https://zoom.us/j/99628213798?pwd=aDlqWDF0cjhxaFhWcFA3OHBFbGc5Zz09 Meeting ID: 996 2821 3798 Passcode: 523348
2. Run your way around local Archaeological sites
Now is a good time to go out and explore local sites. Jim Williams has kindly put together a run around local archaeological sites. The route is 9 mile over mixed road, field and woods so good for runners and walker too. Thank you Jim.If you would like a copy of Jim’s 3 page guide please contact email@example.com Please share your run by posting a photo on Facebook or Instagram. It would be great to see people from the club following the route.
3. TRC Virtual Fitness Sessions – Wednesdays
Only 3 more Virtual Fitness sessions with Taryn if we are able to get back group running on 1st April:
• All sessions take place on Wednesday starting at 7:00 pm.
• Sessions are 45 min long, including warm up and cool down, and are delivered via Zoom (links below)
Recurring invite – https://zoom.us/j/95677193506pwd=aUE1WTdNRWZsOXNiUDdhb21XWWp3QT09
Meeting ID: 956 7719 3506 Passcode: 555963
4. Club Coaching Survey
Thank you to all those who have responded, we have had 50 replies so far to the survey. Please can you reply by 12th March, it only takes 2-3 minutes, and we will then share the results and our plans with you.
Your Club coaches (Nick Williams, Phil Lucker, Paul Harrod, Ros Rowland & Kevin Wood) have plans to make changes to the Tuesday sessions and would welcome your input and ideas please.
5. Phil Lucker
Our Coach Phil Lucker has been elected to the South West Regional Council for England Athletics. TRC was one of Phil’s nominating Clubs so we are very pleased to see he was elected to represent the Clubs and athletes in the South West.
6. Bath Half (Virtual)
Last call, if you have entered the event and would like to find a run buddy please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your pace / estimated time and when you plan to run it.
7. Heart Rate Calculator
For those of you who attended PhilLucker’s coaching sessions on a Tuesday recently you will remember the final session discussion on heart rate. There are a number of ways to calculate your maximum heart rate (HR max) from which you can find your training zones. The most frequently used formulae doesn’t always give the best answer. For examples it doesn’t take into account gender.
If you would like to find out your HR max and the HR for your training zones Kevin (Wood) has created an app. Just enter your age and HR rest and it will show you your HR for 4 training zones using different HR max formulae. Please e-mail email@example.com
8. TRC CoVid Running Code
As you will be running on your own or with one other whilst we remain in Lockdown our CoVid Officer has developed a code to remind all TRC Members of best practise when out running. See club website for details https://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/TRC-CoVID-Running-Code_V1.0.pdf
9. Diary Dates
• TRC AGM – Monday 29th March 20.00 on Zoom. This coincides with a big day in the timetable for the easing of restrictions – we can go back to meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre and run in groups of up to 6! If you have anything to raise at the AGM please send to the Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thornbury Park Run – Saturday 5th June. All Park Runs are planned to recommence on the same day
That’s all for this week and we will keep you advised if anything changes.
If you have any events to add to the Diary or if you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to email@example.com
AR : 07/03/21