The information below refers to both Tuesday and Thursday night Club runs:
* As we are meeting outside all runs will start promptly at 7:00pm. Please be there in the top car park for 6.55pm
* Please make sure your name is registered for Track and Trace. If you have the NHS App on your phone then check in using the QR codes in the top car park.
* The top car park is marked out with the usual Thursday Group names 7 min, 8 min, 9 min, 11 min, 5k, & Walkers and for Tuesday marked with Efforts, steady 5k and fastish 5k. Please go directly to your area once you have been registered.
* Once you have a group together and a Leader then have your Group photo taken then go.
Please make sure that your attendance has been registered on the Track and Trace list each week at each session, Tuesday and Thursday. As requested everyone is arriving just a few minutes before run time, which puts pressure on the person with the clipboard and list. Please avoid crowding around them whilst also ensuring your attendance has been acknowledged. The photographs we use as back up for the attendance list.
Please remember that by attending you are confirming that within the last 14 days you have NOT:
• Experienced a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced a new sore throat, loss of taste or smell that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Had a temperature at or above 37.8C or the sense of having a fever?
• Had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19? (Note: Close contact is defined as within 2 metres for more than 10 consecutive minutes)
• Been isolating due to potential exposure to Covid? (applies to you or a household member)
If you can answer YES to any of these questions you must NOT attend.
Please remember – this applies to you all
• Maintain social distancing at all times
• Follow hygiene procedures
• Run in groups of no more than 6 people.
• Bring your own water (no tea or squash after)
• On return after your run please do not gather in groups
• Don’t wear Club colours.
Hi-Viz tops are now required for all Club Night runs. Head Torches are useful and mandatory if going off-road.
Group Leaders 29/10/20
7 min Group Dave Beard
8 min Group Natalie Bennett
9 min Group Chris Pritchard
11 min Group Arthur Renshaw
5k Group tba
Walking Group tba
1. Run Group Sizes
No change to recent EA advice. We still should do Groups of 6 on a Thursday Club Night & on a Tuesday Efforts Night. If you intend cutting short your run or leaving your group for any other reason please make sure your Group Leader is fully aware.
2. Renewal of Membership, annual subs and EA fees
The Committee voted unanimously to forgo the deferred TRC Membership Fees for 2020/21. ie. You will not pay any TRC fees for this year! The next TRC Membership renewal will be from 1 April 2021.
For those Members where the Club paid the England Athletics (EA) fees for 2020/21 in advance we expect those Members to repay the Club the £10 subsidised fee (Full EA fees are £15 per person). It is disappointing that we still have 36 people who have not paid back the £10 – and this includes some past and present Committee Members! I’m sure it has just slipped your mind but we would like you to pay up now.
Please pay directly by Bank Transfer or if necessary by cheque to Mike Bennewitz. A/C No. 01190517, Bank sort code 30-12-04, please include your full name as a reference. Cheques to ‘Thornbury Running Club’.
3. Leaders & Asst Leaders.
Kevin Wood our new Captain has recently sent out a request to find more Leaders & Assistant Leaders as we get more people back on a Tuesday & Thursdays we need more Leaders. The ‘Leader in Running Fitness’ (LIRF) courses are now all done on-line.
4. Bath Virtual Series
Entries to the Bath Virtual Series are open now – 5k, 10k and half marathon (14/3/21). If we get enough club entries Kevin Wood suggests we organise some socially distanced pace groups for the virtual event (depending what rules apply in March 2021) including a walking group. https://bathhalf.co.uk/virtual-series/
5. New paths to run in Thornbury
Just off Morton Way near the underpass the new tarmac paths that have been fenced off for ages are now fully open and they are a great new place to run. The paths cross two bridges between the new houses as well as skirting the new football pitch and follow an undulating course that can probably be made into a nice 5k route.
That’s all for this week. If you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to email@example.com