As we are restarting the Tuesday night sessions from tomorrow 22nd Sept the information below refers to both Tuesday and Thursday night Club runs:
* As we are meeting outside all runs will start promptly at 7:00pm, so if you want to run with your mates please be there in the top car park for 6.55pm’
* Please make sure your name is registered for track and trace.
* The top car park is marked out with the usual Thursday Group names 7 min, 8 min, 9 min, 11 min, 5k, & Walkers and for Tuesday marked with Efforts, steady 5k and fastish 5k. Please go directly to your area once you have been registered.
* Once you have a group together and a Leader then have your Group photo taken then go.
Please make sure that your attendance has been registered on the weekly track and trace list each week at each session, Tuesday and Thursday. As requested everyone is arriving a few minutes before run time, which puts pressure on the person with the clipboard and list. Please avoid crowding around them whilst also ensuring your attendance has been acknowledged. The photographs we use as back up for attendance will get more difficult as it gets darker. Thank you.
Hi-Viz tops are now required for Club Night runs.
Please remember that by attending you are confirming that within the last 14 days you have NOT:
• Experienced a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced a new sore throat, loss of taste or smell that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Had a temperature at or above 37.8C or the sense of having a fever?
• Had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19? (Note: Close contact is defined as within 2 metres for more than 10 consecutive minutes)
• Been isolating due to potential exposure to Covid? (applies to you or a household member)
If you can answer YES to any of these questions you must NOT attend.
Please remember – this applies to you all
• Maintain social distancing at all times
• Follow hygiene procedures
• Run in groups of no more than 6 people.
• Bring your own water (no tea or squash after)
• On return after your run please do not gather in groups
• Don’t wear Club colours.
1. Run Group Sizes
We are back to Groups of 6 on a Thursday Club Night & on a Tuesday Efforts Night for a few weeks at least or until the Government or England Athletics issue further directives. If you intend cutting short your run or leaving your group for any other reason please make sure your Group Leader is fully aware.
2. Return to using an inside room at the Leisure Centre
The results of the recent Doodle poll gave the Committee a clear mandate to agree to continue with Club Night meeting outside in the top car park. We don’t foresee returning to a room inside in the near future but we intend to keep our options open with the Leisure Centre by offering to pay a ‘retainer’ on the Filnore Suite for when we do want to return inside.
3. AGM, renewal of Membership & annual subs
If you remember back in March we deferred everything and extended everyone’s Membership until October. We will be having a Committee Meeting on Tuesday 29th September when we will have to address these issues and decide what we are going to do next. If you have any views or comments please speak to any Committee Member over the next few weeks.
4. Park Runs
Park Runs are expected to be back across England by the end of October.
5. Race Cancellations/Races still on.
Rogue Runs are still intending to hold a Marathon on Sunday 4th October (London day) with a 5 lap course around Berkeley, Shepperdine & Hill. Max entry 130 people and run on a Time Trial basis. Entries now open.
The Grizzly has been postponed to later next year however the Beachy Head Marathon is definitely on for Sat 20th October and entries are still open. The Weston Xmas Cracker in December has been turned into a virtual only event .
We are exploring all possibilities of what we can do with the Riverbank Rollick scheduled for Sun 10th Jan. No decisions have been taken as yet. If you have any ideas or you see or participate in any races that we may use as a template for the Rollick then please let our Race Director Jo Emerson know. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Doyton Hard Half scheduled for Sun 17th Jan are following a similar path to us at the moment – no decision yet.
That’s all for this week. If you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to email@example.com