Club Charity Support
Every year the club adopts a local charity and raises money towards it by, for example, using race entry profits. The local charity is proposed by club members and then put to a vote of the whole club, and the club then donate to the chosen charity.
We are also a regular supporters of the Thornbury Rotary Swimathon and Walkathon Event each year.
We are currently supporting ‘Made a Mark’ a local charity based in Alveston. Made a Mark is a charity providing support for bereaved children. They provide memory boxes & resources to schools and hospices to enable better support to children following the death of a close loved ones. Please see their website for further details: www.madeamarkcharity.com.
Over the years we have also made contributions to:
- Severn Ambulance, who support the club at our races.
- CALM, a support charity dedicated to helping people talk about life’s problems in the hope of preventing people reaching the point of suicide. This was in memory of Liam Jones, a club member and keen runner.
- Phase Thornbury who provide support, counselling, mentoring and more to young people and their families in Thornbury.
- Brain Tumour Support
- Great Western Air Ambulance,
- Meningitis Research Foundation.
- Cerebral Palsy (CP) Sport