Walking – Val / 12 min – Nigel / 10 min – tbc / 9 min – Hugh / 8 min – Hannah / 7 min – Nick
28/7 Carol M – 4/8 / Malcolm Carr / 11/8 – Mob Match /18/8 – Natalie Bennett
What’s On …
- August 6th – parkrun of the month Thornbury
- August 11th – TRC vs Chepstow mob match (at home)
- August 28th – Severn Bridge 10k (PMC race #4)
- September 15th – Run & rehydrate (now with Pizza!)
- September 18th – Oldbury 10 Miles
- Mob Match 11/8
The mob match vs Chepstow will be the club night run on 11/8. This is a home match (Oldbury) over a distance (5k) good for everyone in the Club. We need your details please for the chip timing (and so I order enough cakes!). Details here. Please enter here. Run followed by (free) cakes and a beer (not free) at The Anchor, what’s not to like! 30 people signed up so far … we need a whole lot more please.
- Emmanuel Kipruto Bundotich
When Paul & James were in Iten, Kenya recently they met and trained with Emmanuel. The plan is for him to spend a week with us in September and to attempt to break the twelve year old Oldbury Power 10 miles record of 50min.19sec. His 10k time is 28:22 at altitude! Here is an outline plan for how he will spend his time with us, more details to follow:
- Thursday 15/9 – Emmanuel runs & chats with 8 min group (Run & Rehydrate Night)
- Sunday 18/9 – Oldbury Power 10 mile race
- Tuesday 20/9 – Leads ‘Kenyan Tuesday Night Coaching’ session- venue tbc
- Wednesday 21/9 – ‘Drill, Stretches & Core Session’ + ‘Running in Kenya’ with Emmanuel & Paul – venue tba
- Thursday 22nd – Emmanuel runs & chats with 7 min group
- Sunday 25th – Bristol half Marathon
He will also be available for 1:1 coaching during this week. The above is all subject to him getting final visa approval which we have helped him with.
- Thornbury 10k
Thanks to those who took the time to give constructive feedback regarding the Thornbury 10k. This was the first real volume test of the course and we learned a lot from it. We discussed this at the committee meeting on Thursday and we are going to make a number of changes resulting from this. We now turn our attention to the Oldbury Power 10 miles 18/9, more details soon.
So far I have only received two responses to this request. The idea was to get people to give you support by knowing what events you had entered. If you have entered London Marathon, Great North Run, Bristol Half or Bath Half please let me know so we can compile a list of Club runners for everyone to track on the day. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pete Mainstone Challenge Update
The next event is 28/8 – Severn Bridge 10k. After 3 events in the 2022-23 Pete Mainstone Challenge Paul Saville is leading the Men’s outright table. The next four places (Phil Blackburn, Ben Bohane, Paul Harrod and Simon Pinnington) are separated by 5 points. In the Men’s age adjusted Paul is still in first place followed by Nick Langridge and Simon Pinnington. Only two ladies in the competition, so far, with Hannah in 1st place followed by Lizzie. All results and next event