Happy New Year to all our Members.
Thursday 6th Club Night Leaders
- 7 min – Jim Godden
- 8 min – Lizzie Williams
- 9 min – Jerry Clothier
- 10 min – Emma Pritchard
- 12 min(5k) – Amel
- Walking – tba
- 06/01 – Chelsea Carnall
- 13/01 – Clare Watt
- 20/01 – Alison Dyson
As a reminder the room is available before the run to keep dry / warm, chat, store stuff etc all we ask is please be in the car park by 7:00pm ready to run. Check out the spacious room if you have not taken a look already. Face Masks are now required to move around the Leisure Centre.
If you are unable to make the Tea rota date please arrange for somebody to take your place.
- Some Things to Look Forward to in 2022
- 8th Jan – XC Cotswold Park Farm
- 8th Jan – parkrun of the month – Eastville
- 16th Jan – Riverbank Rollick (TRC event)
- 12th Feb – parkrun of the month – Thornbury parkrun valentine special
- 13th Feb – XC Pittville Park Cheltenham
- 27th February – Pontypool Park 10k (Pete Mainstone Challenge Finale)
- 5th March – XC Old Down Estate
- 27th March – Club mob match vs Bitton
- March / April – Club Social & Annual Awards Event
- Tba April – EA Run Coach session #3
- 14th July – Thornbury 10k (TRC event)
- 18th September – Oldbury 10 miler (TRC event)
+ more ‘Run & Rehydrate’, parkrun of the month, mob match v Chepstow, AGM ….
- Do You Still Want Tea?
Still time to express your opinion on having tea and a warm room to meet and socialise before and after the run. Please e-mail Kevin email@example.com We will review all your comments at the committee meeting 10/1/22.
- Club parkrun of the Month – First parkrun of the year 8th Jan – CHANGE of VENUE
January ‘Club parkrun of the Month’ this coming Saturday 8/1/22 was planned to be at Rogiet. However as all Welsh parkruns are being cancelled, due to Welsh Covid restrictions, lets change the venue to Eastville https://www.parkrun.org.uk/eastville/
- XC Cotswold Park Farm 8th Jan
Next Gloucester League cross country event is also on Saturday 8th Jan. All details can be found at https://www.entrycentral.com/gloschamps Please note entries close @ 23:59 on Wednesday 5th Jan. Contact XC Captains Hannah & Jim for more info.
- Riverbank Rollick – Sunday 16th January 2022
Race day is fast approaching and we need a few more volunteers to marshal, please contact Jo Plumbley (Race Director) firstname.lastname@example.org On Sunday 9th Jan there be a letter drop to residents around the course for anyone who wants to join in and see the mud! Departing from the Scout Hut (Thornbury) at 8:30 it takes about 3 hours as it is start stop dropping the letters. So far we have 231 entries, please tell your friends and colleagues about the race. A full schedule of Marshals & Helpers together with a map of the course has gone out to all Members – if you haven’t seen your own copy please contact Arthur Renshaw email@example.com
- Club Social – Social & Annual Awards Event
Thank you we have 4 volunteers for the Social & Annual Awards event (in alphabetical order 1st name) – Carol Moses, Emma Pritchard, Jonathan Hall & Karen Carr. Watch this space for more news.
- Committee Meeting 10th Jan
The next committee meeting is on Monday 10th Jan. If you would like to table any topics please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mainstone Challenge
ONLY ONE events to go in the 2021-22 Pete Mainstone Challenge 27th February – Challenge Finale – Pontypool Park 10k (Pete’s personal pick!). Challenge positions along with full results can be found:
- Club Nights – Last Updated 15/11/21
Please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms:
If you have tested positive for COVID please follow Government guidelines regarding isolation, which is currently 10 days, and do not attend the Club. Once your isolation period is completed we would kindly ask you to take a lateral flow test which returns a negative result before attending Club.