30th November : Walking – Val / 5k– Carol M / 10 min – Arthur R / 9 min – Jim W / 8 min –Mel W / 7 min – Rob W
7th December : Walking – Val / 5k– Carol M / 10 min – Hugh M / 9 min – Ellen P / 8 min –Kevin W / 7 min – Nick W
(If you would be interested in becoming a run group leader then please see Captain Nick Williams for more info)
30/11 : Jerry Clothier / 7/12 : tba / 14/12 : No Tea. Away Day at Thornbury CC / 21/12 : tb
(We are desperate for more people to step up to do tea ; you should only need to do it maybe once per year. Please see Arthur Renshaw 07810 300025)
- Sunday 10th Dec Glos League XC Race 2- Bath Uni (incorporating Avon Champs)
- Thursday 14th Dec Away Day – Christmas Lights annual run. Thornbury CC 7pm
- Thursday 28th Dec Leisure Centre Closed. Meet top car park ready to run @7pm
- Sunday 14th Jan TRC’s Riverbank Rollick
- Your actions could save a life!
Many thanks to Clare Watt for the session on First Aid & CPR last Monday. We had 25 Members in attendance. The Club will make a £250 donation to Parkinsons UK.
If you wish to make your own personal donation you can use the same link as above. Even if you missed the session, please have a look at the pdf document here. You never know when you might need to know what to do!
- The End is in sight
Thank you so much to all those of you who have volunteered to support the Club and marshal at the Rollick. We only need 1 or 2 more please Google form. Details of marshal positions will be sent out mid-December The Section Leaders will meet on 5th December.
- Cross Country (Gloucester League)
Check with the What’s App group or with Hannah Hamilton for the latest details
- Sunday 10th December Bath Uni (incorporating Avon Champs)
- Saturday 6th January Cotswold Farm Park
- London Marathon – Sunday 21st April 2024 LAST CALL FOR THIS!
The Club has one place for the London Marathon. Any Club Member who wishes to be considered for a Club place should read section 8 of the Rules & Constitution and provide the Club Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org with their ballot rejection email and answers to the selection criteria 2-8 no later than the end of November.
- National Running Show 21/22 January 2024 – Birmingham NEC
Get your tickets early with 50% discount using the promotion code ‘SCIMITAR’
- Proposed junction improvements at Grovesend Road/A38
South Glos are seeking views on their proposals to make improvements at the Grovesend Road A38 junction. Through the improvements, they want to increase capacity at this busy junction to reduce congestion and delays. At the same time, they plan to introduce new walking and cycling paths, linking up with other proposed schemes to encourage more people to consider more active and sustainable ways of getting around.
Please share your feedback on the proposals by completing this survey Have Your Say Today – Grovesend Road/A38 Junction Improvements – Commonplace