We again have a room (the Fitness Suite) inside of the Leisure Centre for meeting before the run and after for tea & biscuits. We are also still meeting in the car park as normal – it is your choice! We need volunteers for the Tea Rota starting next week – please give your name to Arthur Renshaw
Please wear a Hi-Viz top as it is getting dark when we are getting back from the Thursday night run.
Thursday Club Night Leaders
• 7 min – Rob Watkins
• 8 min – Kevin Wood
• 9 min – Jerry Clothier
• 10 min – Arthur Renshaw
• 12 min(5k) – Carol Mosses
• Walking – Helen Renshaw
1. TRC Race Programme 2022 – Meeting Tuesday 7th September. 20.30 The Swan.
If you have any ideas and are interested in helping us develop a race programme for 2022 please come along to the Swan on Tuesday(any questions please see Arthur Renshaw)
2. Weston 5 mile Prom Series – Start 16th September
Now a two lap course with chip timing. Also a team race with team size increased to 7, with 4 scoring. 9 race series is £50. Details on Weston AC website with entries handled by Race Nation. (Note these races are on a Thursday eve)
3. Run & Rehydrate #2 – Thursday 23rd September, Rockhampton Cricket Club – NEW pavilion
Next run & rehydrate event Tuesday 23rd September at Rockhampton NEW cricket pavilion. This is part of the club’s & EA mental health initiative #RunAndTalk and coincides with World Gratitude Day. As before the committee has agreed to fund first drinks for everyone.
4. parkrun of the Month – 2nd October
The parkrun of the month for October will be Saturday 2nd October @ Chipping Sodbury. Some of the current crop of runners participating in the beginners course will be running their first 5k at this parkrun so please lend your support (some others the previous week at Thornbury). Anyone running London Marathon will be getting ready!
5. EA Run Coaching Programme – Next Session #2 Monday 18th October (by Zoom)
Fantastic turnout on Tuesday for the EA coaching session with Kerry Newell. Great to see the Aztec group, TLC group and a few new faces to Tuesday coaching sessions joining in and running together. 40 people in total. Hope to see you all again next Tuesday at Aztec or TLC. Please join one of the coaching WhatsApp groups to find out what’s going on by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who need to work on strength & conditioning take a look at ‘Nike Training Club’. A free app on Android and Apple recommended by Kerry.
Session #2 on Zoom Monday 18th October 7:00 – 8:30pm. Please join at 6:55 for 7:00 prompt start, thank you:
Meeting ID: 890 4905 7236 Passcode: 871943
6. Gloucester Cross Country League
The new cross country season will soon be upon us and a chance to put all the training into use. Mark your diary and get ready to run for your club. If you are interested in taking part in cross country please can you register your interest using the link below. By completing the link you are not obliged to enter but we will use this to gauge the level of interest. Thanks https://forms.gle/hMmb7Dg6yXuLEs2p6
• Round 1 Cirencester Park Sat 30 October (Cirencester AC)
• Round 2 Wotton PARC Sun 12 December (Dursley RC)
• Championship Cotswold Farm Park (Bourton Roadrunners) Sat 8th January
• Round 3 Pittville Park Cheltenham (Chelt Harriers)
• Round 4 Old Down Estate Sat 5th March (Stroud AC) or Sunday tbc
• Reserve Course Cirencester Park Course 2 (Running Somewhere Else)
7. Pete Mainstone Challenge Events
Five events completed and 4 to go in the 2021-22 Pete Mainstone Challenge. For the latest positions in the challenge please see:
• 3rd October Berkeley 10k
• 27th November Having a Mare (Bath Racecourse off road)
• 19th December Chippenham Shortest Day 10k
• Jan/Feb Final Event tba
8. Club Nights
So please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms please see: