As from next Thursday 2nd September we are re-opening a room inside of the Leisure Centre for meeting before the run and after for Tea & biscuits. We are also still meeting in the car park as normal – it is your choice! (more info below)
Also start thinking of wearing a Hi-Viz top as it is getting dark when we are getting back from the Thursday night run.
Thursday Club Night Leaders
• 7 min – Paul Harrod
• 8 min – Hannah (& Kevin Wood)
• 9 min – Jerry Clothier
• 10 min – Steve Dimond
• 12 min(5k) – Carol Mosses
• Walking – Val James
1. EA Run Coaching Programme – STARTS Tuesday 31st August 19:00 Chantry field
We will be combining both Tuesday coaching groups on Tuesday 31st August for an EA supported session with guest coach Kerry Newell. Meeting at Chantry Playing Fields, Thornbury (opposite Castle School 6th Form) for 7:00pm start. Kerry is the England Masters Marathon Team Coach and has coached runners up to U20 European Gold Medal at 5,000m. Session is open to all Members and will include:
• Intro talk on – Energy systems – Why we use all 3 in our running; Foot placement – Does foot strike matter?
• Warm up and drills (ABC’s, strides)
• Threshold and alactic sessions
• Cooldown and stretches
2. Inside or Out? – From Thursday 2nd September.
• We will be using the ‘Dance Studio’ which is 2.5 times the size of the old room and has opening doors for improved ventilation. The Room will be available from 6:30 for anyone who wanted to meet inside and leave anything. There will be no announcements.
• People who don’t want to go inside should continue to meet in the car park, as we have done for the past 18 months
• Those inside need to make their way outside via the double opening doors to join the others in the car park for a 7:00 prompt run start.
• After the run tea and biscuits will be available in the Dance Studio for those who want it. We will need to start a new tea rota. Anyone on the run leader rota will be exempted from the tea rota.
• This allows everyone to participate at their own personal comfort level and to adapt as they become more at ease with the situation and / or the weather changes.
3. parkrun of the Month – Saturday 4th September
The next parkrun of the month will be Berkeley Green on Saturday 4th September. See you ALL there in cub colours.
4. TRC Race Programme 2022 – Meeting Tuesday 7th September. 20.30 The Swan.
If you have any ideas and are interested in helping us develop a race programme for 2022 please come along to the Swan on Tuesday 7th. (any questions please see Arthur Renshaw)
5. Run & Rehydrate #2 – Thursday 23rd September 19.00 Rockhampton Cricket Club
Following the very successful Run & Rehydrate at Old Down another has been planned for Thursday 23rd September. This is part of the club’s & EA mental health initiative #RunAndTalk and coincides with World Gratitude Day. Thanks to Tom Johnson Rockhampton Cricket club have agreed for us to use their bar. As before the committee has agreed to fund first drinks for everyone. This will be at the NEW pavilion and NOT the old.
6. Pete Mainstone Challenge
Remaining event is on 5th September Woodchester Park
7. Club Nights
So please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms please see: