• Please wear a Hi-Viz top for your safety as it is now dark for the run.
• Head torches are recommended when running away from well light areas.
• You have the option of meeting inside TLC (Fitness Studio) or outside in the car park before the run. Please be in the car park for a 7:00 run start.
• Tea is available in the Fitness Studio after the run.
Thursday Club Night Leaders
• 7 min – Nick Williams
• 8 min – Kevin Cundy
• 9 min – Jerry Clothier
• 10 min – Emma Pritchard
• 12 min(5k) – Jim Williams tbc
• Walking – Val James
14/10 – Carol Mosses
21/10 – tba (volunteer required)
If we are to carry on offering Tea & Biscuits after Thursday night’s run we need volunteers for the Tea Rota – please see Arthur Renshaw
1. EA Run Coaching Programme – Session #2 The Marathon Monday 18th October (by Zoom)
Kerry Newell will be leading a discussion on Monday 18th October 7:00 – 8:30pm about marathon – pacing, nutrition, time goal setting etc. Kerry’s current roles include England Masters Marathon Team Coach. Please join at 6:55 for 7:00 prompt start, thank you:
Meeting ID: 890 4905 7236 Passcode: 871943
2. Monday 11th October. Free Runners Pilates Taster Session – with Nicola Crocker from Phoenix Therapies
Do you struggle with niggles and injuries? Would you like to improve your speed or endurance? I can help you to unlock your potential by improving your balance, posture, and core strength which can help you get back from injuries quicker or reduce them in the first place. I am offering a FREE 30-minute virtual Run Stronger Pilates taster session on Monday 11th October at 7:00pm
https://ukri.zoom.us/j/97244259138?from=addon Meeting ID: 972 4425 9138
I am already offering both virtual and face to face classes. If you would like more information, please contact me directly on: 07894 293345 or email@example.com
3. Pete Mainstone Challenge – Series Finale Announced
With three events to go in the 2021-22 Pete Mainstone Challenge Jonathon Hall is closing in on Nick Langridge at the top of the Men’s table and is only two points behind. Meanwhile Jo Plumbley has a comfortable lead over Hannah Hamilton in the Ladies table.
• 27th November Having a Mare (Bath Racecourse) – EVENT CANCELLED
• 19th December Chippenham Shortest Day 10k
• NEW 27th Feb – Challenge Finale – Pontypool Park 10k (Pete’s personal pick!)
Full results for the Berkeley 10k can be found on the TRC website:
4. parkrun of the Month – 6th November.
The parkrun of the month for November 6th will be Berkeley Green. Sat 13th November is Thornbury parkrun’s 100th birthday. Time to celebrate!
5. Runners Who Lunch – 20th December
‘Runners Who Lunch’ are planning a Christmas lunch on Monday 20th December. Dining at about 1:00 pm at ‘The Anchor’ followed by beverages at ‘The Butchers Hook’ all welcome. Before booking Richard Illingworth is looking to collect names of those who are interested in coming along. Please contact Richard directly firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Sports Massage – 50% off. A message from Kevin
As part of my final taper for London I treated myself to a sports massage from Jason. I know a few others have also met with Jason. I can really recommend his work and until the end of November he is offering 50% off to TRC members. Jason provides a mobile service and can be contacted on 0797 4181049
7. Running Gait Analysis at Thornbury Clinic
Thornbury Clinic at the Leisure Centre now offer a full running gait analysis service. Get rid of those niggles and improve your run technique. For more information check the link below and don’t forget TRC Members get a 10% discount. https://thethornburyclinic.co.uk/our-therapies/running-gait-analys/
8. Club Nights
Please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms please see: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/main-symptoms/#symptoms
Finally, this weekend our intrepid pair of Ultra runners, Ros Rowland & Jo Emerson, are running 78.6 miles in 3 days along the Cornish coastal path from Padstow to Land’s End in The Atlantic Coast Challenge – watch out for the reports of their adventures next week.