Until 28th March we still have a further 4 weeks of carrying on with the present restrictions. Club Nights are cancelled and we are not meeting as groups. What you can do is shown below….
Athletes and Runners can train with household bubbles or ONE other person. Individual training is permitted but note Govt guidance is only to leave the house once per day and to stay local, which means you can travel a short distance within your area for example to access an open space.
All being well restrictions will start to be eased from 29th March…
1. From 29th March we can go back to meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre and run in groups of up to 6 as we did before. We expect the first TRC run under these arrangements to be Thursday 1st April. We also expect to have a new system in place to conform to Track & Trace – more details to follow. The Walking group are expected to also start back on Thursday 1st April. Note the hour changes on Sun 28th March so lighter nights for our runs in April.
2. From 12th April the Gym & Swimming Pool at the Leisure Centre will re open. The groups of 6 meeting outside is still applicable.
3. From 17th May the size of Groups meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre can be increased to 30 – although we may decide to continue to split into smaller Groups.
4. From 21st June all restrictions are removed and we could go back to meeting indoors at the Leisure Centre if we want to. We still have access to our old room on a Thursday night if we want to use it. We will run another check on what Members want to do before we decide to go back indoors.
This is the latest England Athletics Statement from 24th February…
TRC Membership Renewal 2021/22
Our new Membership year starts 1 April 2021. As you all know we waived all Club fees for last year due to not being able to function as normal due to Covid. However, all being well, we can start moving back to ‘normal’ as from 29th March and we intend to collect fees for the year starting 1 April 2021. The Club fees will be maintained at the same level we collected for 2019.
• First Claim TRC Membership £25
• Additional adult family Member £20
• Second Claim/Associates/Social Member £15
• Student Member (NUS card) £10
England Athletics (EA) Membership is additional to the TRC Club fees. Current EA Members will have received an e-mail from EA in the past week detailing the fees and benefits of being an EA Member. EA charge £15 but TRC subsidises this by £5 so TRC Members pay an additional £10 for being an EA Member. All fees, including EA fees, are detailed on the Membership Form.
We have a new on-line TRC Membership form that all Members, including additional family members, need to complete and return their own form – we need to make sure you all accept the Terms & Conditions of Membership. Please read and complete the Membership form and make your payment by Wed 31st March – this is particularly important for Members wanting to continue their EA Membership which commences on 1st April. If you are paying by Bank Transfer then please remember to include your surname in the BACS reference.
On-line TRC Membership Form : https://forms.gle/8YczPPn5biH1Rk929
All the activities below should also be on the TRC Members Facebook page.
1. TRC Zoom Café – Thursdays from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm
If you just fancy a chat please feel free to drop into the Zoom café on a Thursday.
Recurring Zoom Invite – https://zoom.us/j/99628213798?pwd=aDlqWDF0cjhxaFhWcFA3OHBFbGc5Zz09 Meeting ID: 996 2821 3798 Passcode: 523348
2. NEW Run your way around local Archaeological sites
It’s getting warmer and the evenings are getting lighter, now is a good time to go out and explore. Jim (Williams) has kindly put together a 9 mile mixed road, field and woods run around local archaeological site. Thank you Jim.
If you would like a copy of Jim’s 3 page guide please contact email@example.com
It would be great to see people from the club following the route. Please share you run by posting a photo on Facebook or Instagram
3. TRC Virtual Fitness Sessions – Wednesdays
The schedule for the Virtual Fitness Sessions have been extended until end March. Taryn will be running all of the session now.
If you have not attended before:
• All sessions take place on Wednesday starting at 7:00 pm.
• Sessions are 45 min long, including warm up and cool down, and are delivered via Zoom (links below)
If you have not attended before:
Recurring Zoom invite – https://zoom.us/j/95677193506?pwd=aUE1WTdNRWZsOXNiUDdhb21XWWp3QT09 Meeting ID: 956 7719 3506 Passcode: 555963
4. Club Coaching Survey
Thank you to all those who have already responded. As we begin to plan for club nights from 1st April (if things go to Boris’ plan) and events start to reappear we wanted to understand how we can help members regain race fitness. Your Club coaches (Nick Williams, Phil Lucker, Paul Harrod, Ros Rowland & Kevin Wood) have been looking at various ideas and would like your opinions please.
We plan to make changes to the Tuesday sessions and would welcome your input and ideas please. Please follow the link below to the survey which will only take 2-3 minutes to complete. Please can you reply by 12th March and we will then share the results and our plans with you. See the updated ‘TRC Coaching Team’ webpage.
5. Bath Half (Virtual)
Are you entered into the Virtual Bath Half? We had planned to organise pace groups for the Virtual Bath Half on 13-14th March however lockdown rules will not be relaxed in time.
You can however run socially distanced from another runner. If you have entered the event and would like to find a run buddy please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your pace / estimated time and when you plan to run it.
6. TRC #RunandTalk
Thornbury Running Club is now officially part of the #RunandTalk program. The #RunandTalk program aims to get people talking about Mental Health, removing stigma and supporting those experiencing mental health problems. TRC’s program will be led by the Mental health Champions
Carol Mosses, Emma Pritchard, Hugh McPherson and Laura Orna. The Champions are looking forward to sharing their exciting plans with you and to start the conversation about Mental Health
How can the Champions help you? The Champions are able to signpost individuals to Mental Health Support, although please do speak to them at club nights or via email if you ever just need a chat. Just remember we aren’t trained Mental Health Support Workers.
What activities are happening? If you are looking for a running buddy whilst we are in Lockdown then the Champions are very happy to help you find someone to run with. Also if you would be happy for us to contact you if we have someone looking for a buddy please drop us an email. Depending on what 2021 brings we will have a variety of online, virtual and in person campaigns and events.
How to contact us? Either find us at club night or email TRCMentalHealthChampions@gmail.com
7. TRC CoVid Running Code
As you are running on your own or with one other whilst we remain in Lockdown our CoVid Officer has developed a code to remind all TRC Members of best practise when out running. See club website for details https://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/TRC-CoVID-Running-Code_V1.0.pdf
8. Diary Dates :
• TRC AGM – Monday 29th March 20.00 on Zoom. This coincides with a big day in the timetable for the easing of restrictions – we can go back to meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre and run in groups of up to 6! If you have anything to raise at the AGM please send to the Secretary: email@example.com
• Thornbury Park Run Saturday 5th June – All Park Runs are planned to recommence on the same day.
That’s all for this week and we will keep you advised if anything changes.
If you have any events to add to the Diary or if you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
AR : 02/03/21