Please wear a Hi-Viz top for your safety as it is getting dark by the time we get back. Head torches are optional
Thursday Club Night Leaders
• 7 in – Paul Harrod
• 8 min – Ashleigh Ferris
• 9 min – Mike B?
• 10 min – Arthur Renshaw
• 12 min(5k) – Hugh McPherson
• Walking – Val James
30/09 – Paul Reeves
07/10 – tba (volunteer required)
If we are to carry on offering Tea & Biscuits after Thursday night’s run we need volunteers for the Tea Rota – please see Arthur Renshaw
1. Mental Health Champions update: Run & Talk & Rehydrate.
Thank you to our Mental Health Champions (Carol, Emma, Hugh and Laura) for organising the #RunandTalk and Rehydrate event on Thursday at Rockhampton. Another fantastic turnout and thank you to the Leaders too for finding new routes.
2. Club Dinner Dance – Poll Result
Thank you to all those who responded to the poll about the date for our annual dinner dance. We had 26 replies with 1 person preferring early Jan; 6 people being equally happy with early Jan or March / April and 19 people preferring March / April. A very clear mandate for a March / April event. We are now looking for a couple of volunteers to help organise the event please, thanks.
3. Gloucester Cross Country League
Delighted to announce that the Club Cross Country captains. Ladies captain is Hannah Hamilton and the Men’s is Jim Godden. With 28 people wanting to run ‘as many events as possible’ plus 20 ‘once or twice’ is should be a great season. There is now a TRC Cross Country WhatsApp group to facilitate updates, lift sharing, cake recipe exchange etc … if you think you should be on it please let one of the Captains know. Most communications about Cross Country will now move to that group with results being sent out in the Race Reports. First race Sat 30th October – Cirencester.
4. London Marathon
Good luck to the eight TRC members running London Marathon on 3rd October. In alphabetic order with bib number to track on the TCS app (at the time of publishing this bulletin the app was not yet available on the VLM site) – Ali tba, Chris F 2891, George 8697, Kevin W 33203, Mike 21863, Paul 48568, Sarah 8151 and Sonya 20634. Everyone has their start wave and time now. Keep an eye on the BBC to see if Chris can make another appearance! Charities:
• George Evans – Friends of Marlwood School (FOMS) https://tinyurl.com/George-Soilfix-17
• Chris Foley – Pancreatic Cancer UK https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ChrisFoley2
• Kevin Wood – Young Lives vs Cancer https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kevinjwood
5. Pete Mainstone Challenge
Five events completed and 3 to go in the 2021-22 Pete Mainstone Challenge.
• 3rd October Berkeley 10k
• 27th November Having a Mare (Bath Racecourse off road) – EVENT CANCELLED
• 19th December Chippenham Shortest Day 10k
• Jan/Feb Final Event – COMING SOON
Nick Langridge is just ahead of Jonathan Hall in the men’s outright table and Jo Emerson has a commanding lead in the ladies. For all the latest positions please see: https://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/racing/members-results/rr-champs-results-2010-2/results-2021
6. parkrun of the Month – 2nd October
Chipping Sodbury next Saturday (2nd Oct) for the club parkrun of the month (first Saturday of the month). Some of the graduates from the last beginners course, which finished this Wednesday, will be running their first 5k at this parkrun, please lend your support. Thank you.
7. parkrun Awards
We have 5 parkrun awards that will run until the end of the club year (31st March 2022). The awards will be handed out at the club annual dinner. After eight events so far the latest results, thanks to Mel Lloyd, are as shown below:
• Male fastest outright time – Nick Williams, 17:53 at Thornbury 4th September
• Female fastest outright time – Hannah Hamilton, 21:07 at Chipping Sodbury 21st August
• Male fastest age adjusted time – Nick Langridge, 80.83% at Stonehouse 7th August
• Female fastest age adjusted time – Clare Watt, 78.56% at Thornbury 24th July
• Most completed – Chris Lee and Roger Glew with seven each, then Ashleigh Ferris with six
8. EA Run Coaching Programme – Session #2 Monday 18th October (by Zoom)
Monday 18th October 7:00 – 8:30pm. Please join at 6:55 for 7:00 prompt start, thank you:
Meeting ID: 890 4905 7236 Passcode: 871943
9. STOP PRESS / HOLD YOU DIARY – Mob Match #2
Following the success of the recent mob match vs Chepstow, I have challenged Bitton Road Runners to a mob match. Provisional date Sunday 5th December route tba but currently considering Bristol to Bath cycle path (needs few marshals). More details to follow. Block the date in your diary, cancel wedding anniversaries, birthdays etc as we need as many runners as possible please.
10. Club Nights
So please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms please see: