Thursday Club Night Leaders
• 7 min – Nick Williams
• 8 min – Kevin Cundy
• 9 min – Emma Pritchard
• 10 min – Hugh McPherson
• 12 min(5k) – Carol Mosses
• Walking – Val James
1. Mob Match vs Chepstow Tuesday 17th August – last call for more runners!
We now have 50 TRC members signed up, terrific! Registration closes end of day Fri 13/8. Register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSctGMIZuaJdCGuAIDa9eJC3nDWJ46ITtFWv32awSahxRMiCWA/viewform
Time: 6:30 (6:45 latest) for briefing & getting chip. Rolling start @ 7:00.
Location: M48 underpass. If using satnav, the nearest postcode is for Thornwell FC, NP16 5GH. From Thornwell FC turn left, back onto Denbigh Drive and take the next left down Caerwent Lane to the M48 underpass. (It’s where the Severn Bridge parkrun meets)
2. parkrun of the Month – Berkeley Green 28th August.
The next parkrun of the month will be Berkeley Green on Saturday 28th August. See you ALL there.
3. NEW * EA Running Nutrition Session – Monday 6th September 19:30 – 21:00 On-line
This EA funded session has been organised for TRC in response to the request for a session on nutrition from the Coaching Survey and questions submitted by members:
• Nutrition Overview – General information for runners to be aware of, including dietary information, pre/post-race fuelling, nutritional training tips and also fuelling whilst competing.
• Q&A – Working through the questions previously submitted by club members, plus any additional questions that may be of interest.
As this is funded by EA they are asking for a list of attendee names. To be sent the link to attend please send your name to email@example.com
Nutritionist Alice Murray-Gourlay will deliver the session:
• Alice trained as a Dietitian at Plymouth University and completed a diploma in sports nutrition from St Mary’s University, Twickenham.
• Alice has an MSc, looking at eating behaviours within different sports, and is a fully registered sports nutritionist.
• Alice is working for Sport Wales preparing athletes for the Commonwealth Games.
• Alice is a middle distance runner and has raced competitively across half marathon distance and during university competed as an age group GB triathlete.
4. EA Run Programme – STARTS 31/8 19:00
EA are funding an experienced coach to deliver 3 sessions to help develop you as runners, to develop the club and to assist the clubs’ coaches developing as coaches. The sessions are open to everyone, although we have agreed to focus in half / full marathon:
• Session #1 – 31st August 19:00/ Chantry Playing Fields, Thornbury ~ Threshold training
• Session #2 – TBA / Virtual ~ Discussion and Q&A on training and techniques
• Session #3 – TBA / track ~ Endurance based speed session
5. Tytherington 10k Test Event – NOW Sunday 12th September
The proposed date for the tester event is now Sunday 12th September. The tester will be this year’s ‘Steve Jones Memorial Trophy Event’ for the outright winner. This is also a chance to set the course record.
6. Discount Sport Massage
Message from Nikola Morgan (Captain of Chepstow Harriers). “I qualified in May as a Level 3 sports massage therapist and would be happy to do an introductory sports massage for any Thornbury RC members for £10 for 40 minutes (would normally be £20). I live about 2 minutes from the Severn bridge so easy for Thornbury folk to reach. They can email me or text/ring me on 07855 050281, or message me on Facebook.”
And finally Ben Bohane spotted Nick Butter, who is running around the coast of GB at the moment running roughly 2 marathons a day (!), and joined him for a few miles to Avonmouth. Nick is on the home straight to the Eden project now and due to finish on August 22nd. https://www.followmychallenge.com/live/nickaroundbritain/
8. Club Nights
Please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms please see:
9. TRC Committee Meeting – Thursday 19th August
This will be the first face-to-face meeting for well over a year. If you have any issues or ideas please speak to any Committee Member.