Thursday Club Night Leaders
- 7 min – Mark West
- 8 min – Hannah Hamilton
- 9 min – tba
- 10 min – Emma Pritchard
- 12 min(5k) – Carol Mosses
- Walking – Val James
Meeting inside TLC at 18:50 for brief announcements or straight to the car park for runs starting at 19:00. Tea & squash available after the run in the large room downstairs under the spin studio for those who are prepared to be on the tea rota.
Tea Rota on a Thursday
- 24th Feb : Mark Windeatt
- 3rd Mar : Chris Foley
- 10th Mar : Jo Emerson
- 17th Mar : Roger Glew
- Diary Dates
- Feb 27th – Pete Mainstone Challenge Finale – Pontypool Park 10k
- March 5th – Glos League XC round 3 – Old Down Country Park.
- March 6th – Swimarathon (spaces still available – see Arthur Renshaw)
- March 12th – parkrun of the month – Rogiet (over the Bridge in Wales)
- March tbc – TRC AGM
- March 27th – Mob match v Bitton 4.5 miles (see below)
- March 30th – Introduction Course for New Runners week 1
- March – Membership Renewal prior to April 1st
- April 5th – EA Run & Coach #3 – Training for a 5k pb (more info soon)
- April 7th – Run & Rehydrate #1 – Thornbury Cricket Club (see below)
- May 20th – TRC Annual Party & Awards Night (tickets available from end of Feb)
- June tbc – Sunday 09.00 Tester for the new ‘Thornbury 10k’ (members only)
- July 14th – TRCs very own ‘Thornbury 10k’ (time to marshal)
- July 2nd – Cotswold Way Relay (details to follow soon)
2. How To Get Running, Improve Performance and Stay Injury Free
Friday 18th March 19.00- 21.00. Free event with Thornbury Clinic at the Leisure Centre. (wrong date in last week’s bulletin!) Sign up for free here.. https://tinyurl.com/yanw4evb
- parkrun of Month March – 12th March
Fantastic turnout at the Feb parkrun of the month. 19 of the 65 runners were from TRC and 8 of the top 10! Proposing Rogiet parkrun for March 12th, to avoid XC. Rogiet is about 19 miles from TLC or 30 mins drive https://www.parkrun.org.uk/rogiet/
- March 5th – Glos league XC round 3 – Old Down 5th March
Last round of the league is a local event at Old Down on Saturday 5th March. Entries close 3 days before the race. https://www.entrycentral.com/glosleague3 If you are not running you might like to support the club runners.
- Swimarathon – Sunday March 6th
To field our usual three teams of 6 we still need 10 more Members to put their names forward. Send your name to Arthur Renshaw email@example.com
- Mob Match – Sunday March 27th
Great start with 27 people already signed up, be great to get to 40+. Match starts and finishes at Bitton Railway Station and the route is along the cycle path, distance 4.5 miles. Starting at 18:00 (to avoid too many cyclists) on Sunday 27th March. Please sign up now -> Put me on the team The match is chip timed, the club is covering the cost of your chip. Everyone who takes part scores points for the team, so the more runners we have the more points we score. Bitton are making this a family friendly social event with food afterwards and rumours of an ice cream van. Please sign up, thank you.
- EA Run & Coach #3 – Training for a 5K PB 5th April
Our third EA Run & Coach session with Kerry Newell, entitled ‘Training for a 5K PB’, is on Tuesday 5th April. More details about the session to follow soon.
- Run & Rehydrate #1 – April 7th
First ‘Run & Rehydrate’ of 2022 on April 7th from Thornbury Cricket Club (top of Thornbury hill). A chance to welcome in the new club year. Normal groups runs followed by drinks. First drinks are paid for by the club. We will also be presenting our Club charity, Made a Mark, with a cheque for £1,200 from Riverbank Rollick. For anyone driving there is additional parking behind The Ship
- Ultra Ultra!
Inspired by the Barkley Marathons in the US, see the excellent documentary on Amazon Prime, Gloucester is set to have its own Berkeley Marathons https://www.theberkeleymarathons.co.uk/ Paul who is organising it is a keen Riverbank Rollick runner and member of Dursley. He is offering 10% to local club members off the £95 entry fee (given as a refund). Entries are limited to 65 and Paul would like to see local club runners taking part. The cut off is 24 hours so you don’t need to run all 5 marathons! Think I might just spectate this one! Event launch video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASFFwvTE_lQ
- Free 19th March? – Free Place + Free T-shirt
Anyone able to help marshal at the 20 & Half Fission event on 19th March? https://runabc.co.uk/berkeley-2020 They are offering a free place for the Severn Bridge 10k or Half marathon, or two freebies for their other races, as well as an event t-shirt. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graphic Designer?
Is anyone in the club a Graphic Designer or has a partner who is? I am in need of some help please on a small club related project. If you are able to help please contact email@example.com
- Carole Bishop
It is with sadness that we have to announce that long time TRC Member Carole Bishop passed away peacefully early today after a long illness. Carole was 78 and she had many years successfully competing in races at all distances including her favourite the Beachy Head Marathon. Carole was still running sub 60 min 10k’s well into her sixties. On behalf of all TRC Members who remember Carole we send our condolences to her husband Graham.
- Club Nights – Last Updated 04/01/22
Please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/main-symptoms/#symptoms If you have tested positive for COVID please follow Government guidelines regarding isolation and do not attend the Club. Once your isolation period is completed we would kindly ask you to take a lateral flow test which returns a negative result before attending Club.