TRC Bulletin for w/c 23rd May 2022
7min: Mark / 8min: Lizzie / 9min: Mike B / 10min: Arthur / 12 min (5k): Nigel / Walking: Val
26th Chris Studley / 2nd June Tom Witherbed / 9th June Run & Rehydrate / 16th June Romeo Maddalena
What’s On …
- May 30th – Hogweed Trot (PMC race #2)
- June 9th – Run & Rehydrate Old Down CC (drinks & pizza)
- June 11th – Park run of the month Chipping Sodbury
- July 2nd – Cotswold Way Relay
- July 7th – Tintern Trot (PMC race #3)
- July 14th – TRCs ‘Thornbury 10k’
- August 11th – TRC vs Chepstow mob match (at home)
- Special Mention
A few outstanding results of recent that we should recognise:
- Ben Bohane finishing 6th in his first ultra at the 34.7 mile Pembroke Ultra, having never run beyond 26 miles before. Along with Paul Thomas finishing 23rd in a warm up to his 100km run.
- Phil Blackburn clocking 4:33:00 in the Avon county 1500m championships
- Mark West running 3:08:30 in the Copenhagen Marathon
- Run & Rehydrate 9th June
1st drink on the club plus pizza. No sign up needed, please just turn up. Normal run groups from Old Down Cricket Club starting at 7:00pm.
This is a fantastic event and a firm club favourite. More team members needed please. We now have 19 entries for the 30 places, plus 4 yet to pay their £10 deposit, so entries not secured. All those who run on the day receive a refund, so entry costs you £0. Please Enter here. We have entered 3 teams, a vets team of our ten fastest over 40 female or male runners and two mixed teams with at least 4 female runners per team.
- Thornbury 10k – Thurs 14th July
To deliver this event successfully and safely we need a lot of club members to step forward to marshal (60+ in total), so far we have 4. Please Volunteer here. Thank you. The Thornbury 10k is on Thursday 14th July 2020, race starting at 19:30. The Club organises three events each year with a percentage of profits going to our adopted charity, Bristol Bone Marrow, and to support Club activities. This enables the Club to fund ‘Run & Rehydrate’, EA membership subsidy, pay individuals cross country entry fees, subsidies Annual Party ticket cost, % on T-shirts etc. Your help makes all this possible. We also need more entries so If you have friends or work colleagues that run please direct them to entries. If you have a notice board at work where you can put up a poster please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
- Mob Match
Mob matches have proven popular with the club and it is our turn to host Chepstow on Thursday 11th August. 5k run starts at 7:30. Details here. Please enter here. Run followed by cakes and a beer at The Anchor, what’s not to like.
The club is just about to buy a second hand iPad for use by the Club coaches for runner video analysis when coaching. If you have a spare iPad you are willing to donate, or know somebody who does, please contact email@example.com Thank you.