24th August : Walking â€“ Val / 5kâ€“ Caron H / 10 min â€“ Hugh M / 9 min â€“ Chris P / 8 min â€“Hannah H / 7 minâ€“ Pete C (Open Night so may need to swap groups around to accommodate).
31st August : Walking â€“ Val / 5kâ€“ Nigel H / 10 min â€“ Emma P / 9 min â€“ Jim W / 8 min â€“Mel W / 7 minâ€“ Nick W
24/08 : James Marshall (open eve) / 31/08 : Lorna Chambers / 07/09 : No Tea Away day / 14/09 : Alan Pascoe / 21/09 : Angela Hague / 28/09 : Hugh McPherson
Please let Arthur Renshaw know if you would be prepared to be added to the Tea rota (07810 300025).
If you have any race times you want to see included in the weekly announcements then please make sure you get the details to Nick Williams or Mel Wilson at the earliest opportunity.
- Thursday 24th Open Evening from 18.45 Severnside Suite.
- Saturday 2nd Park run of the month â€“ Thornbury
- Sunday 3rd Woodchester Park 8 mile (Pete Mainstone Challenge)
- Thursday 7th Run & rehydrate 19.00 Old Down
- Sunday 17th Oldbury 10 Miles 10.00
- Monday 25th CPR Session open to all Members 19.00 â€“ 21.00 Severnside Suite
- Jessica Heffer ran the Lightening Bolt 10k in Wiltshire in 39.14 which is a new overall Ladies Club record.
- George & Melinda Evans did a parkrun in Yamba, Australia. George was 1st in a time of 18.36
- TRC Open Evening â€“ Thursday 24th August
We are holding an open evening this week in order to encourage local runners to come along and see what we are like and run with us. This has been marketed via social media, with the aim of getting as many new people along in one evening. People will be arriving for 18:45 and running with normal groups. This is a great opportunity to showcase our club. A selection of cakes will be available for all after the run. The normal Thursday night runs may need to be a bit more flexible depending on who turns up.
- Pete Mainstone Challenge.
The fourth and final race in the series will be the Woodchester Park 8 mile on Sunday 3rd September at 10.00. This is a hilly run all on woodland tracks. Entries here.. https://stroudac.co.uk/woodchester-park/
- Run & Rehydrate â€“ Thursday 7th September
The last away day of the summer will be at Old Down Cricket Club on 7th September. Come along ready to run at 19.00
- TRCâ€™s Oldbury 10 Mile road Race
The Oldbury 10 mile is on Sunday 17th September 10.30. This is the third and last event in the Thornbury 2023 series. Emma Prichard is the Race Director for this event. We will need all the volunteers we can get to ensure we have another excellent race. If you are able to help. And particularly if you know something about First Aid then please can you complete the following form: https://forms.gle/XGLhJJwtguALTnnr9
- Basic First Aid & CPR for runners â€“ Monday 25th September
It is about time we revisited what to do when you are out running and someone nearby collapses. Clare Watt will lead an evening session on Monday 25th Sept in our usual room â€“ Severnside Suite from 19.00-21.00. All Members are welcome to come along. It just may save somebodies life if you know how to do CPR and give basic first aid.
Put your name down on the Google Form attached here. https://forms.gle/eJUyc65zjQWeFXth9
- Parkrun of the month
Kevin Arnold is looking to ascertain if there is any interest in going to parkruns outside of our local area.
If interested please contact Kevin Arnold direct in order to share lifts etc. (07971 319737)
- Thornbury 10k â€“ Thursday 27th June 2024
We have at least one person who has volunteered to join a small to organise next years Thornbury 10k. We are still looking for more volunteers and a Race Director – If you are interested in getting involved in a small team then please see Arthur Renshaw. Getting involved early, say by December, makes the whole job so much easier and there is plenty of experienced support around so you would not be left on your own.
- Cross Country (Gloucester League)
Cross Country starts again in November. Enter all 4 races for Â£25 is open now https://www.entrycentral.com/glosxcleague4races
- Saturday 4th November Cirencester Park
- Sunday 10th December Bath Uni (incorporating Avon Champs)
- Saturday 6th January Cotswold Farm Park
- Saturday 17th February Pittville Park