14th September : Walking – Val / 5k– Carol M / 10 min – Suzy C / 9 min – Ellen P / 8 min –Kevin W / 7 min– Rob W (Committee Meeting tonight so the runs maybe a bit shorter than normal.)
21st September : Walking – Val / 5k– Caron H / 10 min – Jerry C / 9 min – Kev C / 8 min –Hannah H / 7 min– Paul H
14/09 : Alan Pascoe / 21/09 : Angela Hague / 28/09 : Hugh McPherson / 05/10 : tba (we need more volunteers please)
Please let Arthur Renshaw know if you would be prepared to be added to the Tea rota (07810 300025).
If you have any race times you want to see included in the weekly announcements then please make sure you get the details to Nick Williams or Mel Wilson at the earliest opportunity.
TRC results from The Great North Run (10/09/23) 43,500 runners entered
- Mel Wilson 1:48:12 to get 4,522 place overall
- Chris Pritchard 2:05:02 12,534 overall
- Hugh McPherson 2:10:51 15,880 overall
- Paul Thomas 2:16:53 19,463 overall
- Jo Jenkins 2:18:49 20,579 overall
- Helen Harrison 2:24:24 23,971 overall
- Sunday 17th September Oldbury 10 Miles 10.30
- Monday 25th September CPR Session open to all Members 19.00 – 21.00 Severnside Suite
- Wednesday 11th October Start of the next 9 week Introductory Course for new runners
- Club Night Runs in the dark
As it is now getting dark when we return from our Thursday run we strongly recommend that all runners and walkers wear a Hi Viz top and carry a head torch. Everyone please take extra care when running alongside and/or crossing roads and make sure you can be seen by car drivers.
- TRC’s Oldbury 10 Mile road Race: Sunday 17th September 10.30
Thanks to the efforts of our Marketing Team led by Jon Hall and Nathan we are now sold out with 400 runners registered for the Oldbury 10 mile. Race Director, Emma Pritchard sent out an e-mail last week to all the people who have volunteered to help with their Marshal jobs and instructions for what they have to do. If you HAVE NOT received an expected e-mail or you can no longer help then please contact Emma as soon as possible. If you are able to help but haven’t signed up yet then we can find something for you to do – please e-mail Emma. email@example.com
- Basic First Aid & CPR for runners – Monday 25th September
It is about time we revisited what to do when you are out running and someone nearby collapses. Clare Watt will lead an evening session on Monday 25th Sept in our usual room – Severnside Suite from 19.00-21.00. All Members are welcome to come along. It just may save somebodies life if you know how to do CPR and give basic first aid https://twitter.com/ResusCouncilUK/status/1651239837930868739
Put your name down on the Google Form attached here. https://forms.gle/eJUyc65zjQWeFXth9
Does anyone have a projector Clare can borrow on the night? (please contact Arthur Renshaw)
- Thornbury 10k – Thursday 27th June 2024
We have at least one person who has volunteered to join a small group to organise next years Thornbury 10k. We are still looking for more volunteers – If you are interested in getting involved in a small team then please see Arthur Renshaw. Getting involved early, say by December, makes the whole job so much easier and there is plenty of experienced support around so you would not be left on your own.
- Cross Country (Gloucester League)
Cross Country starts again in November. Enter all 4 races for £25 is open now
- Saturday 4th November Cirencester Park
- Sunday 10th December Bath Uni (incorporating Avon Champs)
- Saturday 6th January Cotswold Farm Park
- Saturday 17th February Pittville Park
6. The Doynton Hard Half – Sunday 4th February 2024
We had a big Club turnout for this race earlier this year and entries are now open for the 2024 version. This race sells out fast so if you want a place you will need to enter as soon as possible. https://www.doyntonhardhalfmarathon.co.uk/