All being well the Lockdown restrictions will start to be eased in just 7 days…
1. From 29th March we can go back to meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre and run in groups of up to 6 as we did before. We expect the first TRC run under these arrangements to be Thursday 1st April. We also expect to have a new system in place to conform to Track & Trace – more details to follow this week. The Walking group are expected to also start back on Thursday 1st April. The first new Tuesday night sessions will be on Tuesday 6th April. Note the hour changes on Sun 28th March so lighter nights for our runs in April.
2. From 12th April the Gym & Swimming Pool at the Leisure Centre will re-open. The groups of 6 meeting outside is still applicable.
3. From 17th May the size of Groups meeting in the car park at the Leisure Centre can be increased to 30 – although we may decide to continue to split into smaller Groups.
4. From 21st June all restrictions are removed and we could go back to meeting indoors at the Leisure Centre if we want to. We still have access to our old room on a Thursday night if we want to use it. We will run another check on what Members want to do before we decide to go back indoors.
This is the latest England Athletics Statement from 16th March…
1. TRC Membership Renewal 2021/22
Our new Membership year starts 1 April 2021.
On-line TRC Membership Form : https://forms.gle/8YczPPn5biH1Rk929
All Members, including additional family members, need to complete and return their own form – we need to make sure you all accept the Terms & Conditions of Membership. Please read, complete and submit the Membership form and make your payment by Wed 31st March – this is particularly important for Members wanting to continue their EA Membership which commences on 1st April.
Please pay on-line to a/c name: Thornbury Running Club; a/c No. 01190517, Bank sort Code 30-12-04, and please include your full name as a reference.”
If you do not wish to renew your membership please can you e-mail email@example.com and we will remove you from the e-mail list and not chase you further for renewal and payment of fees.
2. Run Groups & Leaders
The first Thursday night Club run, in groups of 6, will be on Thursday 1st April – Leisure Centre top Car Park at 19.00.
Thanks to all those who completed the recent coaching survey. Based on your feedback, which said 88.1% of respondents wanted coaching, the Coaching Team propose to run two separate coached sessions each Tuesday in different locations. They will be split based on typical 5k times so the group members are of similar pace. Anyone with a 5k time under 25 mins (typically 7 min & 8 min group) please meet at Aztec West at 7:30 for sessions led by Nick Williams and Phil Lucker. Paul Harrod will also occasionally join one of the groups to lead some sessions as well. Anyone with a 5k time over 25 mins (typically 9 min, 11 min and 5k group) please meet at Thornbury Leisure Centre for sessions let by Kevin (W) and Ros (if/when available due to work commitments).
For anyone following an 80/20 training plan, Tuesday Coaching Night is an ideal time to do the 20% HR pace!
The first new Tuesday night will be on Tuesday 6th April with separate sessions for the faster (sub 25 min 5k) runners meeting at Aztec West at 19.30 and the rest of us meeting as usual at the Leisure Centre car park at 19.00.
Captain Kevin is finalising the leader’s rota in the next few days. If you are a Run Leader or Assistant Run Leader look out for the e-mail this week. Also look out for the details of the new Track & trace system for Tuesdays & Thursdays.
3. WhatsApp Groups
There are WhatsApp message groups set up for each of the pace groups. These are a great way to quickly get a message to everyone in the group. If you are not currently a member of any of the WhatsApp groups and would like to be added please send an e-mail with your name, mobile phone number and which group you wish to be part of to Kevin Wood
The following are the five groups – 7 min, 8 min, 9 min, 10 min and Walking – exactly the same as marked out in the top car park.
4. Beginners Course – expected start Wednesday 7th April
Rearranged from last year and now in a Covid safe environment in smaller groups. If you have helped with the Beginners courses in the past then Captain Kevin will have been in touch.
5. TRC Zoom Café – Thursday from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm
The last one will be on Thursday 25th March
https://zoom.us/j/99628213798?pwd=aDlqWDF0cjhxaFhWcFA3OHBFbGc5Zz09 Meeting ID: 996 2821 3798 Passcode: 523348
6. TRC Virtual Fitness Sessions – Wednesday 24th March
Only one more Virtual Fitness session left with Taryn.
Meeting ID: 971 1214 3170 Passcode: 427202
7. TRC AGM – Monday 29th March 20.00 on Zoom.
All Members welcome, a Zoom link will be sent out nearer the date. As we only had the last delayed AGM five months ago in October2020 this AGM should be fairly short. If you have anything to raise at the AGM please send to the Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. TRC CoVid Running Code
The Covid Running code will still apply when we get back to running in Groups of 6 again. See club website for details https://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/TRC-CoVID-Running-Code_V1.0.pdf
9. Diary Dates :
• Shepperdine Marathon & Half Marathon – Sunday 25th April. 3 laps of a fast -flat course from Berkeley Power Station using some of the same lanes as our Oldbury 10 mile This event is organised by Rogue Runs and has a UKA Permit. Entry £23
• Thornbury Park Run – Saturday 5th June. All Park Runs are planned to recommence on the same day
That’s all for this week and we will keep you advised if anything changes.
If you have any events to add to the Diary or if you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to email@example.com
AR : 22/03/21