Normal Groups Thursday….all off-road
- 7 min Group as normal
- 8 min Group off-road with Ros
- 9-10 min Group off-road with Arthur
- 11+ min Group off-road with Rachel (tbc)
- 5k Group with Rebecca
- The Walking Group
Don’t forget that, if you are a Group Leader the Club has phones you can borrow – every Group should have at least one mobile phone with them just in case someone in your Group needs assistance.
We want to be a running club open to all standards and to allow beginners to improve and integrate into the club. Hence on a Tuesday we now typically have two groups of different pace and distance, 5k steady (more regroups, slower pace) and 5K+ (less regroups, faster pace and increasing distance). We also have a 5k group (11 min / mile + pace) most Thursdays. So if you know somebody who is put off coming along and joining because they feel we go too far and or too fast … tell them to come along and try these session. Try before you join.
Have you all seen the great advert for TRC at the Leisure Centre?– some nice TRC Team photos with Sean Underwood at the forefront – it is on the wall to the right of the Thursday night room we use. Thanks to Kevin Wood for organising.
There will be no TRC meeting at the Leisure Centre on Thursdays 5th & 12th July due to our ‘away days’. Please remind your TRC mates so they don’t turn up to a deserted room! We are back there on Thursday 19th June.
Even though we don’t ask you for money on a Club night we still need you to sign in – just so we know how many people we have and as a check if we think we have lost anyone! PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY.
- Saturday 30th June. Cotswold Way Relay – TRC entering 4 Teams of 10 people. Mike Bennewitz and Judy Mills are organizing. We still probably need a few more people so contact Mike or Judy if you fancy a long run!!
- Saturday 30th June. TRC Summer Party at Cathy & Rob’s Farm. An event for all TRC Members including the Cotswold Way after-party from 19.00. It is forecast to be a nice day but we have some tents in reserve. BYO drinks plus picnic blankets & chairs. The Club will be providing BBQ food – burgers, chicken thighs, sausages in buns etc plus some salad stuff (and some Veggie Quorn sausages) – like what we did last year at Wattys – but please feel free to bring some puds to share plus anything else you want to eat. We are keeping it simple and informal this year as some people will be coming in late direct from the Cotswold way. Final call to add your name to the list on Thursday so we know how many are to be expected.
- Tuesday 3rd July. The New Runners’ 6 week course scheduled to start Tuesday 3rd July now has 11 people signed up.. The last course was highly successful with 9 of the 12 participants now club members. Contact email@example.com for more details and a registration form
- Thurs 5th July. TRC ‘away day’ at the Rockhampton Fun Run and BBQ afterwards at the old Cricket Field. (see Rob) Get there early as the race will be starting at 19.00.
- Sat 7th July. No parkrun due to the Thornbury Carnival.
- Thurs 12th July. The Thornbury 10k. Ros & Kevin have sorted all the volunteers to help with this event but there is always room for a few more people to help out – please give your name to Ros or Kevin Cundy if you can help. If you fancy checking out the 10k course in advance then the Km points are all marked out on the roads. This is a sold out event (again) and we can look forward to welcoming 400 runners from around the area.
- TRC Race Championships 2018
- Woodchester Park 10k Sun 2nd Sept. Entries open £8
That’s quite enough for this week! (it has come out early this week as I’m away Mon-Wed next week.)