Thursday 20th December is the TRC Group tour of the best of the Alveston Christmas Lights and then we have our pre-Xmas party curry night £5!
Meeting at Thornbury Cricket Club (top of Alveston Hill next to the Ship) at 19.00. Changing & showers available although can be a bit on the cold side!
*********************** DO NOT GO TO THE LEISURE CENTRE AS THERE WILL BE NOBODY THERE!*****************
• Sun 23rd December. TRC traditional Xmas ‘Mince Pie’ run from Wotton-under-Edge (The Chippings Car Park, Symn Lane,GL12 7AD). Currently 4 Groups leaving at various times all to be back for 11.00 for Coffee & Mince pies in the Car Park
o Long Group: Rob Watkins. Route to be decided. Probably 16 miles or so. Leave at 08.00
o Medium Group: Cut-down Traditional Route – About 7.5 miles led by Arthur Renshaw & Judy Mills. Leave at 08.45
o Shorter Group: Out to Monument and back Between 4 and 5-ish miles. Dave Palmer & Pete Mainstone. Leave at 09.30
o Walkers Group: With dogs. Route & Leader to be decided. Leave at 09.30
• Tues 25th December. No run unless you are training for London then you have to go out with your new kit/shoes on!
• Wednesday 26th December. The Clevedon Boxing day 4 mile is always a popular way to work up an appetite
• Thurs 27th December. Leisure Centre Closed. Meet top car park 19.00 ready changed for a steady run.
• Tues 1st January 2019:. No run, hangover recovery unless you are training for London then you have to go out and do the Hangover 10k down at Weston.
• Thursday 3rd Jan. Back to normal at the Leisure Centre. Kevin Wood on the Welcome Desk and Carol Moses on Tea.
• Sat 5th January. Glos XC Championships. See Jim Godden. Work up an appetite for the Party!
• Sat 5th January. TRC Xmas party Thornbury Golf Club. Everyone should have paid the balance to Suzy Cundy by now.
• Sun 6th January. South West XC Championships. Aldon Hill Yeovil. – a tough call straight after the Party!
• Sun 13th January 2019. The date of the next TRC Riverbank Rollick.! We have changed the Event HQ to the Castle School Sports Hall and we have changed the course – now 9.6 miles. We are now looking for about 80 volunteers to help so please keep the date free and be prepared to join our Team to make this one of the best organised Races on the Calendar. Names to Jo Emerson or Arthur Renshaw.
• Sat 9th February. Gwent League XC-4 – Pontypool
• 2019 TRC 10k Race Championships : The races for 2019 are as for 2018. This gives everybody plenty of time to enter.
o Minchinhampton 10k 10th March
o Berkeley 10k. 13th May
o Bradley Stoke 10k. 9th June
o Old Down 10k. 28th July
o Woodchester Park 8m. 8th Sep
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone firstname.lastname@example.org
And to Jim Godden for the TRC Website. email@example.com