We are now two weeks in and so far everything is going to plan on a Thursday. Based on the last two weeks experience we expect about 30 people to turn up on Thursday. The only problem we foresee is with people who turn up after 7pm. We have Groups of 6 ready to go at 7pm on the dot so if you want to run with your mates please be there in the top car park for 6.55. The top car park is marked out with the usual Group names (7 min, 8 min, 9 min, 11 min, 5k, & Walkers) Go direct to your Group area to meet your leaders and have your name taken for track & trace. Once you have six people and a Leader have your Group photo taken then off you go. There are 9 exits from around the Leisure Centre so no bunching.
Please remember that by attending you are confirming that within the last 14 days you have NOT:
• Experienced a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced a new sore throat, loss of taste or smell that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Had a temperature at or above 37.8C or the sense of having a fever?
• Had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19? (Note: Close contact is defined as within 2 metres for more than 10 consecutive minutes)
• Been isolating? (applies to you or a household member)
If you can answer YES to any of these questions you must NOT attend.
Please remember – this applies to you all
• Maintain social distancing at all times
• Follow hygiene procedures
• Follow public guidance for health
• Run in groups of no more than 6 people.
• Bring your own water (no tea or squash after)
• On return after your run please do not gather in groups
• Don’t wear Club colours.
1. Club Virtual Challenge #4 Walk, Run & Quiz
Get ready for the Zoom results call Thursday 20th August @ 9:00pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81252813559?pwd=VmNLWFNlQ1huMDY2bG9rc0hhSWNQQT09
Meeting ID: 812 5281 3559 Passcode: 5cr2iJ
2. Tuesday Night sessions
Once we are happy that Thursday nights are working we will aim bring back Tuesday night ‘efforts’ from the top car park at the Leisure Centre. In the meantime a few of us are doing efforts on a Tuesday in the Mundy PF start at 6pm.
3. Severn Ambulance – race medical support.
You may have missed this during lockdown. As you all know due to Covid 19 we had to cancel both our races (Thornbury 10k & Oldbury 10 Mile) this year which means we didn’t pay Severn Ambulance for medical support. We have used Severn Ambulance for many years and we want to use them again when racing restarts so we agreed to donate the payment for one of our cancelled events direct to them as a token towards their continuation under the present circumstances when they have very little income. We donated £230 from Club Funds. Severn Ambulance were very grateful!
4. Road races going ahead.
All local races have been cancelled or postponed – with three exceptions
• The Severn Bridge 10k scheduled for Sun 30th August. This race is using the Motorway carriageway of the old Severn Bridge and is having a staggered start over 2 hours . The race is full as they cancelled the Half Marathon and offered places on the 10k instead.
• DBMax Castle Combe 10k – Sun 23 August. Run on the closed circuit.
• Swindon Half Marathon – Sunday 20th September. Going ahead apparently!
That’s all for this week. If you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to email@example.com
Let’s try and make the Thursday night run a safe and enjoyable experience and please observe the points above – groups of no more than 6 and social distancing wherever possible.