At last Thursday’s Club night Meeting we had decided to carry on as normal unless or until the Official advice changed. However, given the fast changing circumstances I have taken further advice over the weekend from our Members in the medical world and I have asked the Committee to take a view on what we should do with our Meetings with respect to a further spread of the virus.
As a consequence we have decided to cancel TRC Club Night meetings inside the Leisure Centre for the foreseeable future as we want to minimise the risk exasperated by having a lot of people in a confined space. In addition quite a few of our Members fall into the ‘at risk’ category and we don’t want to expose them to any further risk. The AGM on 26th March is also postponed to be rescheduled for later in the year. As it stands it is more than possible the Leisure Centre will be shut in the next week or two anyway. However some of you may still want to run so we are doing two things to help….
• Your choice on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 19.00 to meet in the top car park at the Leisure Centre to go for a run with others. This will be in the open air so it reduces the risk somewhat. Come along ready to run or use the Leisure Centre to change as you choose.
• We have set-up four WhatsApp Groups for the 8 minute, 9 minute, 10 minute and the Walking Group so you can arrange your own runs with people of your own pace. Kevin Cundy has set-up the WhatsApp Groups so please e-mail Kevin firstname.lastname@example.org with your telephone number and which Group you want to join. Kev will add you to the Group of your choice. Hopefully all the Group Leaders will be in their respective WhatsApp Groups.
Groups: TRC 8 min, TRC 9 min, TRC 10 min , TRC Walk. The 7 min Group already have their own WhatsApp Group.
Finally, the hope is that as we are all ‘runners’ and are fairly fit then even if any of us catch the virus then the effects will be minimal but please help minimise the risk to others by washing your hands regularly and isolating yourself if you go down with flu-like symptoms.
Further announcements by e-mail and on the website will be made if anything changes.
• Wednesday 18th March – Beginners Course Week 1 (19.00). A new course for 9 weeks and already 22 people signed up. Kevin Wood intends for this to go ahead as it is all done outside in the open air. Kevin will be e-mailing all involved directly.
• Thursday 26th March – TRC AGM. POSTPONED – to be rescheduled.
• Sunday 26th April – London Marathon POSTPONED to October 4th
Membership Renewals: The Club Year ends on 31st March and Membership renewals will be due at the end of March. We are in the process of installing a new membership system to manage the membership information and renewals for the Club’s 200+ members. We will send you more information and log in details shortly, once we have finished setting up the system, testing and loading the data. Please wait to hear more before you renew your Membership,
If you see any other TRC Members over the next few days please make sure everyone knows about the cancellation of our usual meetings in the Leisure Centre.