Normal Groups Thursday….
• 7 min Group as normal
• 8 min Group off road with Ros
• 9-10 min Group on road with Hugh or Kevin
• 9-10 min Group off road with Mike B
• 11+ min Group on road with Cathy
• 5k Group with Rebecca
• The Walking Group
If you are going off road remember you need trail shoes or similar.
An extraordinary effort by Rob Hopkins on his self-supported 190 mile off-road ‘run’ across England from St Bees Head on the West coast to Robin Hood’s Bay on the East, along the Wainright trail across the Lake District, the Pennines and the North Yorkshire Moors. Rob finished the 190 miles in 80 hours 34 mins in 12th place. The leader completed the 190 miles in 51 hours 26 mins and the first lady in 63 hours 18 mins. The final runners were expected sometime before midnight on Wednesday so Rob finished with more than a day to spare!
Last week’s Handicap results are out – if you have not seen them then go to …
25 TRC Members at the third event in the TRC Championships on warm & sunny Monday night at the Berkeley 10k. John & Clare Watt now are the TRC Championship leaders and there were some notable performances…
Jo Emerson 1st LV40 43.23
Clare Watt 2nd LV50 46.46
Nick Langridge 2nd MV65 43.16
Kathy Willot 3rd LV65 64.21
Brian Godsman – first race for TRC and first ever 10k – 54.54
(Brian has obviously been ‘hiding his light under a bushel’)
Don’t forget that the Thornbury parkrun is back – every Sat morning at 9am at the Mundys. Now that the course has dried out we are seeing lots of new PB’s. See if you can beat the new course record time by David Awde of 16.55.
If you can’t or don’t want to run we are always looking for helpers – simply e-mail email@example.com or just turn up on the day as you will be found a job!
The Thursday night Tea Rota is looking a bit bare over the next few weeks – if everyone volunteered then you would only have to do tea once every two years at most! Please put your name down then we don’t have bring up this issue every week.
• Sunday 10th June. 4th event in the TRC Championships – Bradley Stoke 10k (entries may be closed)
• Saturday 19th May. Just a reminder our next Cotswold Way recce is to take place this Saturday on Leg 9, meeting at the Scout Hut 08:30. Please can you let Mike Bennewitz know in advance who is coming – either by Doodle Poll (preferred option) or contact me directly. Also could you let Mike know if you’ve put your name down and now can’t run with us on Saturday.
Doodle Poll Link: https://doodle.com/poll/v979inh363yn8n7h
• Saturday 30th June. Cotswold Way Relay – TRC entering 4 Teams of 10 people. Mike Bennewitz and Judy Mills are organising a Club recce’s of most of the Legs over the next few months If you are interested see Mike or Judy. We still have spaces in the 4 teams we are entering this year so please put your name down if you’d like to run this most iconic race across the Cotswold Way”. Don’t forget the club is paying for entries, we’ve entered an additional team this year so it would be great if we could fill all places!!”
• Saturday 30th June. TRC Summer Party at Cathy & Rob’s Farm. An event for all TRC Members including the Cotswold Way after-party from 19.00. BYO food and drink, picnic blanket & chairs. BBQ again like at Wattys last year. We are keeping it simple and informal this year as some people will be coming in late direct from the Cotswold way.
• Tuesday 3rd July. Start of another 6 week Beginners Course. Tell your friends to get their names down with Kevin Wood
• Thurs 5th July. TRC night at the Rockhampton Fun Run and BBQ afterwards at the old Cricket Field. (see Rob)
• Thurs 12th July. The Thornbury 10k. Ros & Kevin will be looking for volunteers to help with this event. Please give your name to Ros or Kevin Cundy if you can help with Marshalling. If you fancy checking out the 10k course then the Km points are all marked out on the roads.
• TRC Race Championships 2018
5. Woodchester Park 10k Sun 2nd Sept. Entries open £8
That is quite enough for this week.!