Pete is in Cape Wrath this week with Judy & Chris Foley – a week of running culminating in the Marathon on Saturday.
Berkeley 10k – the 2nd event in the TRC Championships was on Monday and we had 20 TRC Members running. Provisional results are on the website but after round 2 we have two clear leaders in the TRC Championships – Nick Williams in the mens & Hannah Kinlock Haken in the womens. Next event is the Bradley Stoke 10k on 9th June.
Even though we don’t ask you for money on a Club night we still need you to sign in – just so we know how many people we have and as a check if we think we have lost anyone! PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY.
Note than now we have the lighter nights most of the Groups on a Thursday night will be going off-road for some part or all of their run – please wear appropriate shoes.
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.
Normal groups this week.
• 7 min Group with Nick Williams
• 8 min on Group with Kevin Wood & Mike B
• 9-10 min Group with Steve Dimond
• 10+ min Group with Suzy Cundy
• 5k Group with Rebecca Twyman
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Kevin Arnold
• Tea Rota Next Week: Simon Young
• Welcome Desk this week : Emma Barnes
There are new schedules for both the Tea Rota and for the Group Leaders Rota – check what dates you are on.
• Wednesday 22nd May: The final week of the excellently organised 9 week Beginners Course; all support welcome next week and for their first parkrun. (probably at Chipping Sodbury) See Kevin Wood for more details.
• Thursday 11th July. Thornbury 10k Entries are now closed as we are full! Special arrangements are in force for those TRC Members who want to run the 10k – see the website or ask any Committee Member. Any volunteers to help please see Ros or Kevin Cundy.
• 2019 TRC 10k Race Championships : The remaining races for 2019 are :
o Bradley Stoke 10k. 9th June (sold out)
o Brean Down 10k 14th July
o Woodchester Park 8m. 8th Sept
I’m sure you will all be pleased to know that at the last Committee Meeting we voted for Val James to become an Honorary Member. Val joins a small band of longstanding TRC Members who have had to give up running for various reasons (a hip replacement in Val’s case) and have given outstanding service to the Club over the years – and in Val’s case still doing the teas for us.
Finally, if you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the papers please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This is particularly important for races in the TRC Race Championships. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
And to Jim Godden for the TRC Website. firstname.lastname@example.org