Please ensure you wear Hi-Viz tops and you are welcome to bring head torches
A big thanks to everyone that helped wth the Riverbank Rollick last Sunday. Despite the mud and the wind all the runners were very complimentary about the wonderful Marshals and the race organization. We upheld our reputation for staging really good events and all being well we will be doing it all again same time, same place next year! (If you have any remaining race equipment, signs, bibs etc please bring along to Club Night)
Groups for 16th Jan:
• 7 min Group with Dave Beard
• 8 min Group with Ian Evans
• 9-10 min Group with Mike Bennewitz
• 10+ min Group with Steve Dimond
• 5k Group with Pete Mainstone/Rebecca Twyman
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Emma Barnes
• Tea Rota Next Week: Judy Mills
• Welcome Desk this week : Rob Watkins
• Sunday 16th February – Glos League XC 5 Cheltenham
• Sunday 15th March – Bath Half. We have access to some free Charity places for the Bath Half . You would be running for “Off the record” Charity and need to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship (they would like £200) . T shirt included that you will have to wear. www.offtherecord-banes.co.uk/ Contact Pete Mainstone if interested.
• Friday 10th April – Westonbirt House 10k & Half Marathon. We have arranged a 10% discount with DB Max for the Westonbirt House 10k both at Easter and summer. Only the Easter 10k at Westonbirt counts to the club championship. It also includes the half at Westonbirt House at Easter as well. Thornbury RC should be put into the entry discount section.
• Sunday 26th April – London Marathon
• Wednesday 24th June – Chippenham Longest Day 10k . We have arranged a 10% discount with DB Max for the Chippenham 10k. Thornbury RC should be put into the entry discount section.
• Thursday 9th July – Thornbury 10k. The Club’s next event.
New TRC Committee for 2020. If you would like to get involved in running TRC then let any Committee Member know before the end of January. We would welcome any new and younger Members joining us on the Committee. It would be really good to have some fresh ideas!.
2020 TRC Race Championships – any 3 from 6 to count.
1. Westonbirt House 10k Good Friday 10th April
2. Berkeley 10k May Monday
3. Hogweed. 10k. May
4. Chippenham 10k Wednesday 24th June
5. Magor 10k. August Saturday
6. Woodchester September
Results reporting – If you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the Gazette please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.