Last Thursday seemed to work ok so we intend to do it all again with the same rules again this Thursday. We had 28 people turn up last week and they went off in 6 groups. All Members should have had an e-mail dated 29th July from Kevin Wood, our acting Captain, explaining everything in detail about what we all need to do to recommence Club Night.
Meet Thursday just before 7pm top car park at the Leisure Centre. You can use the toilets but no changing or showers. The top car park is marked out with the usual Group names (7 min, 8 min, 9 min, 11 min, 5k, & Walkers) Go direct to your Group area to meet your leaders and have your name taken for track & trace. Once you have six people and a Leader have your Group photo taken then off you go. There are 9 exits from around the Leisure Centre so no bunching.
Please remember that by attending you are confirming that within the last 14 days you have NOT:
• Experienced a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced a new sore throat, loss of taste or smell that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Had a temperature at or above 37.8C or the sense of having a fever?
• Had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19? (Note: Close contact is defined as within 2 metres for more than 10 consecutive minutes)
• Been isolating? (applies to you or a household member)
If you can answer YES to any of these questions you must NOT attend.
Please remember – this applies to you all
• Maintain social distancing at all times
• Follow hygiene procedures
• Follow public guidance for health
• Run in groups of no more than 6 people.
• Bring your own water (no tea or squash after)
• On return after your run please do not gather in groups
• Don’t wear Club colours.
1. Club Virtual Challenge #4 Walk, Run & Quiz
The last Virtual Club Challenge, for the time being anyway, closes on Sunday 16th August. Last few days to take a 10km walk or run and find out some new things about the area! Please send you answers to email@example.com and get ready for the Zoom results call Thursday 20th August @ 9:00pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81252813559?pwd=VmNLWFNlQ1huMDY2bG9rc0hhSWNQQT09
Meeting ID: 812 5281 3559 Passcode: 5cr2iJ
2. Tuesday Night sessions
Once we are happy that Thursday nights are working we will aim bring back Tuesday night ‘efforts’ from the top car park at the Leisure Centre. In the meantime a few of us are doing efforts on a Tuesday in the Mundy PF start at 6pm.
3. The Next Beginners Course.
This has been postponed until 17th March 2021.
4. Road, trail and cross country races.
As everyone knows by now London as a mass participation event has been cancelled as expected. The Elite race will still go on in a closed London park on Sun 4th October. For those keen they can do a virtual marathon on the same day anywhere in the world! All local races have been cancelled or postponed – with one local exception The Severn Bridge 10k scheduled for the end of August. This race is using the Motorway carriageway of the old Severn Bridge and is having a staggered start over 2 hours . The race is full as they cancelled the Half Marathon and offered places on the 10k instead. Entries for the 2021 Bath Half Marathon are now open at https://bathhalf.co.uk/
This year’s Glos League Cross Country events are provisionally scheduled for 22 Nov, 12 Dec, 9 Jan & 27 Feb. Our Riverbank Rollick is still scheduled for Sunday 10th January 2021 using the Castle School as the HQ again.
That’s all for this week. If you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s try and make the Thursday night run a safe and enjoyable experience and please observe the points above – groups of no more than 6 and social distancing wherever possible.