Groups for 12th March:
For various reasons we are a bit short of Leaders for the Groups this week – if you can help please make yourself known on Thursday night.
• 7 min Group with tba
• 8 min Group with Ben Foss
• 8.30 min Group with Kevin Wood
• 9-10 min Group with tba
• 10+ min Group with Rachel Murphy
• 5k Group with tba
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week: Nigel Hale
• Tea Rota Next week: Steve Evans
• Welcome Desk this week: Hugh McPherson
Tuesday sessions: In Pete’s absence Kevin has arranged for Leaders for the Steady 5k and the Efforts sessions on a Tuesday for the next 4 weeks until 31st March.
• Wednesday 18th March – Beginners Course Week 1 (19.00). A new course for 9 weeks and already 22 people signed up. We need a couple more supporters please. Just to help on one or two Wednesdays, good fun and very rewarding. To join in or get more info speak to Kevin (Wood) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thursday 26th March – TRC AGM. All Members welcome. 20.45 at the Leisure Centre after our run. Free draw for Chocolates and Champagne for all those attending!
• Friday 10th April – Westonbirt House 10k & Half Marathon. (First race in TRC 2020 Series)
• Sunday 26th April – London Marathon
• Thursday 30th April – Club Night. Our usual room is being used so we are being moved to the Snooker Room again just for this week.
• Monday 11th May – Berkeley 10k
• Monday 18th May – Hogweeds 10k
• Wednesday 24th June – Chippenham Longest Day 10k .
• Thursday 16th July – Thornbury 10k. The Club’s next event.
. Entries opened 19.00 Friday night and we were sold out before the sun was up!
Membership Renewals: The Club Year ends on 31st March and Membership renewals will be due at the end of March. We are in the process of installing a new membership system to manage the membership information and renewals for the clubs 200+ members. We will send you more information and log in details shortly, once we have finished setting up the system, testing and loading the data. Please wait to hear more before you renew your Membership,
New TRC Committee for 2020. If you would like to get involved in running TRC then let any Committee Member know in the next few weeks before the AGM.. We would welcome any new and younger Members joining us on the Committee. It would be really good to have some fresh ideas!.
HELP WANTED: We are looking for someone (or two) to help with keeping TRC’s Members race results up to date on the website (see Jim Godden if you can help) and for looking after the Club kit we sell (see Kevin Cundy if you can help)
2020 TRC Race Championships – any 3 from 6 to count.
1. Westonbirt House 10k Good Friday 10th April
2. Berkeley 10k Monday 11th May
3. Hogweed. 10k. Monday 18th May
4. Chippenham 10k Wednesday 24th June
5. Magor 10k. Saturday 1st August
6. Woodchester 8mile MT Sunday 6th September
Results reporting – If you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the Gazette please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.