PLEASE ENSURE YOU WEAR HI-VIZ TOPS
Groups this week
• 7 min Group with TBA
• 8 min Group with Ian Evans
• 9-10 min Group with Mike Bennewitz
• 10+ min Group with Liz Dix
• 5k Group with TBA
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week: Viv Heyes
• Tea Rota Next Week: Richard Illingworth
• Welcome Desk this week: Kevin Cundy
• Saturday 12th October – Taryn Roberts in the World Ironman Championships Hawaii
Taryn has also been shortlisted for the Bristol Post Sports Award for the Female Sports Personality of the Year! If you want to follow Taryn’s progress in Hawaii there is a free App “Ironman tracker” in the App store. Taryn is Bib no 2367 and you can get alerts and track her times on the App. Start time for her race category is 07.15 local time (18.15 Sat evening here) Let’s all wish Taryn Good Luck!
• Sunday 13th October – Glos League XC 1. Wootton Under Edge First of the year–see Jo Emerson if you are intending to go.
• Saturday 2nd November – Glos League XC 2. Charlton Park
• Sunday 24th November: The Bicton Blister. Pete has organised a coach trip again this year. Don’t forget you have to enter the race individually direct . See Pete on his return if he has any spare places on the Coach (£10 per person) I am bib number 1 this year!!
• Saturday 7th December – Gwent League XC Blaise Castle
• Saturday 14th December – Glos League XC 3 Old Down Park
• Thursday 19th December – Short ‘Xmas Lights’ run then TRC pre Xmas Party
• Sunday 22nd December – TRC Xmas Pie Run Wootton Under Edge
• Saturday 4th January 2020 – Glos League XC 4 Rendcombe College
• Sunday 12th January 2020 – TRC famous Riverbank Rollick. We will need all the help we can get on the day. Please put the date in your diary and let Jo Emerson know if you can help.
• Sunday 16th February 2020 – Glos League XC 5 Cheltenham
London Marathon Club place. As a Club we have one guaranteed place for London on 26th April 2020. If you have received your rejection recently and you have been a TRC Member for at least 2 years and are EA affiliated then you can apply for the Club place. See T&C’s in the Club Rules Section 8 on this link. https://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/about/committee-2/constitution/ Send your application in writing or on e-mail to Arthur Renshaw Club Chairman by Friday November 15th.
TRC Committee We are seeking a new Secretary to join us on the Committee. Looking after the Club Constitution & Club Rules together with the minutes of Committee Meeting is the job. If interested please talk to any Committee Member or see Arthur Renshaw.
TRC Website. We are seeking an individual who knows something about web sites to help us maintain & improve the TRC website. If you are interested please see Nick Langridge, Dave Beard or Steve Dimond.
Welcome Desk. We are asking for some help with greeting and looking after any first timers on a Thursday night. See Kevin Wood or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Results reporting – Finally, if you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the papers please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.