Tonight it is the TRC Spring Handicap. This means that we are all going together around a 5K (approx.) route made up by Pete starting & finishing in the Mundy PF. There are no Group runs/walks tonight. Shoes with a good grip are recommended as grass is involved and it may be a bit slippy if it has been raining.
Well done to Nick Williams who was the winner of an off road very hilly 50 mile event last weekend in the Cotswolds. Nick’s time for the 50 miles was 8.46.26, an extraordinary average pace of 10.31/mile over the entire 50 miles!
At the next Committee Meeting on 28th June we will be deciding on our nominated Charity for 2019 – if you wish to nominate a local Charity then please e-mail our Secretary Angela Bushell over the next few weeks.
Don’t forget that the Thornbury parkrun is back – every Sat morning at 9am at the Mundys. Now that the course has dried out we are seeing lots of new PB’s. See if you can beat last week’s new course record time by David Awde of 16.55. If you can’t or don’t want to run we are always looking for helpers – simply e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or just turn up on the day as you will be found a job!
• Monday 14th May. Berkeley 10k. Race 3 of the TRC Championships – will Pete be knocked off top spot?
• Saturday 30th June. Cotswold Way Relay – TRC entering 4 Teams of 10 people. Mike Bennewitz and Judy Mills are organising a Club recce’s of most of the Legs over the next few months If you are interested see Mike or Judy.
• Saturday 30th June. TRC Summer Party at Cathy & Rob’s Farm. An event for all TRC Members including the Cotswold Way after-party from 19.00. BYO food and drink, picnic blanket & chairs. BBQ again like at Wattys last year. We are keeping it simple and informal this year as some people will be coming in late direct from the Cotswold way.
• Tuesday 3rd July. Start of another 6 week Beginners Course. Tell your friends to get their names down with Kevin Wood.
• Thurs 5th July. TRC night at the Rockhampton Fun Run and BBQ afterwards at the old Cricket Field. (see Rob)
• Thurs 12th July. The Thornbury 10k. Ros & Kevin will be looking for volunteers to help with this event. Please give your name to Ros or Kevin Cundy if you can help with Marshalling. If you fancy checking out the 10k course beforehand the Km points are all marked out on the roads.
• TRC Race Championships 2018
3. Berkeley 10k Mon 14th May. Entries open £12
4. Bradley Stoke 10k Sun 10th June. Entries open. £16
5. Woodchester Park 10k Sun 2nd Sept. Entries open £8
After 2 races in the TRC Race Championships Pete Mainstone is leading the Mens Group and Claire Watt the Ladies.
That’s all for this week, good luck to everybody in the Handicap.