Normal Groups Thursday….mostly off-road
We do like to encourage people to move up a Group occasionally to try out going a bit faster. You won’t be left behind if you do have a go.
- 7 min Group as normal
- 8 min Group off-road with Ros
- 9-10 min Group off-road with Angela
- 11+ min Group off-road with Cathy
- 5k Group with Rebecca
- The Walking Group
Don’t forget that, if you are a Group Leader the Club has phones you can borrow – every Group should have at least one mobile phone with them just in case someone in your Group needs assistance.
Even though we don’t ask you for money on a Club night we still need you to sign in – just so we know how many people we have and as a check if we think we have lost anyone! PLEASE SIGN IN ON A THURSDAY.
- Sun Sept 2nd TRC Race Championships 2018 Race Number 5, the last one. Woodchester Park 10k .
- Sun Sept 9th: Oldbury 10 Mile Event (OPS10) incorporating the Avon 10 Mile Championships. John Watt & Justin Taylor have to get about 70 volunteers to help with this event so please let John or Justin know if you can help. This is a sold out event (again) and we can look forward to welcoming 400 runners from around the area. – there is also a waiting list with 60 people on it.
- Sun Sept 16th. (Note date change) The Steve Jones 10 mile. A closed club handicap event using the Oldbury 10 course – for those who have to work on the OPS10 and would like to run the course the week after the race itself. Start at 09.00 from the Power Station. Age adjusted Handicap system in place. – take your own times. Course is marked out.
- Sun Sept 23rd. The Bristol Half Marathon. We need a minimum of 20 people to get a TRC Group Entry (£32 reduced entry fee compared to £40 std entry)) Steve Dimond sorted it out last year and he is prepared to help if someone wants to try and arrange a TRC group with the discounted entry fees. Please indicate your interest on Thursday Club night to see if we can get close to 20 people interested.
- Sun Nov 25th: We are doing a repeat of last year’s successful day out to the ‘Bicton Blister’. Pete is organising a coach & lunch again. This will be on a first come first served basis and numbers are limited so get your name down asap. You need to enter the Bicton Blister (10 miles) & the Bicton Light (4.5 miles) yourself directly.
Our intrepid Reporter Matt is on holiday for the next 3 weeks so if you have any Results that need to be reported please send then to Judy Mills our new ‘trainee’ reporter… email@example.com
We are also looking for two TRC Team Managers for the upcoming XC Season – see Pete Mainstone if you are interested.
One final note, we have 172 Members but only 44 of you have opted to join England Athletics (EA).
- If you are not registered with EA you may have to pay the Race Entry fee as an ‘Unattached’ runner in an EA Registered event.
- You will still be able to compete Unattached, however, athletes who wish to represent their club (and claim the registered athlete discount on entry fees) in road running events, will need to be registered with England Athletics.” EA have said that “Random checks on athlete entries are being carried out & that an athlete may be disqualified & Power of 10 will delete their marks.”
- Our interpretation of this is that if a TRC member is not registered with EA then they should not be claiming the club discount & should be registering as Unaffiliated in an EA Registered event.
- You definitely need to be EA registered to run the cross country events if you want to count as part of the Thornbury Team. You will also need to wear a new style Thornbury vest to count.
- It is not too late to join EA for 2018/19 – see Angela Bushell.
That is all this week