PLEASE ENSURE YOU WEAR HI-VIZ TOPS
Groups this week
• 7 min Group with tbc
• 8 min Group with Ben Foss
• 9-10 min Group with Chris Pritchard
• 10+ min Group with tbc
• 5k Group with Pete
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Dave Palmer
• Tea Rota Next Week: Dylan Roberts
• Welcome Desk this week :Hugh McPherson
• Saturday 9th November – The next cohort of beginners will undertake their first parkrun on 9nd November at Chipping Sodbury after their 9 week course. They need your support please! Please wear club colours and give them as much encouragement as you can.
• Thursday 14th November – TRC Committee Meeting (Swan 9pm)
• Sunday 24th November: The Bicton Blister day-out. Meet at the Leisure Centre – the coach will leaves at 08.00 prompt!. The Leisure Centre says we can use the top car park to leave cars for the day. Coach returns about 17.00. Pete wants your £10 for the coach as soon as possible – this Thursday would be good!
• Saturday 7th December – Gwent League XC Blaise Castle
• Saturday 14th December – Glos League XC 3 Old Down Park
• Thursday 19th December – Short ‘Xmas Lights’ run then TRC pre Xmas Party
• Sunday 22nd December – TRC Mince Pie Run Wootton Under Edge
• Friday 3rd January 2020 – date for the TRC post Xmas Do at The Village in Filton. More info see the TRC Facebook page
• Saturday 4th January 2020 – Glos League XC 4 Rendcombe College
• Sunday 12th January 2020 – TRC famous Riverbank Rollick. We will need all the help we can get on the day. Please put the date in your diary and let Jo Emerson know if you can help.
• Sunday 16th February 2020 – Glos League XC 5 Cheltenham
Special note about the Dursley Dozen : Dursley Running Club have offered us 14 assured entries for the Dursley Dozen (9th February 2020) 4 x senior men, 4 x vet men, 3 x senior women and 3 x vet women (40+) Rob Watkins is collecting names and email addresses. He already has 2 x senior men, 4 x vet men + 3 x Senior women. So, to make the most of the offer, he still needs 2 x senior men and 3 x Vet women. If you are interested, please email email@example.com You will then be sent a link from DRC to enter.
London Marathon Club place. As a Club we have one guaranteed place for London on 26th April 2020. If you have received your rejection recently and you have been a TRC Member for at least 2 years and are EA affiliated then you can apply for the Club place. See T&C’s in the Club Rules Section 8 on this link. https://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/about/committee-2/constitution/ Send your application in writing or on e-mail to Arthur Renshaw Club Chairman by Friday November 15th.
If you missed out on London this have a look at this list of alternative marathons… https://www.runbritain.com/news/british-alternatives-to-london-if-you-missed-out-for-the-capital-marathon?page=3&pagesize=7&from=&to=&range=Latest
TRC Committee. We are seeking a new Secretary to join us on the Committee. Looking after the Club Constitution & Club Rules together with the minutes of Committee Meeting is the job. If interested please talk to any Committee Member or see Arthur Renshaw.
Results reporting – Finally, if you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the papers please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.