Pete has plans for us to do something different as one Group on Thursday….he did say something about us all going down to the Castle School fields.
Jo Emerson achieved something very unusual and very special last weekend when she was the OVERALL winner of the Dragon Slayer Ultra 60km race in 6 hrs 51 mins – a road Ultra from the Severn Bridge to Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium. It does happen from time to time that a female vet beats all the men and all; the younger women but I don’t think we have ever seen it before at TRC. Well done Jo, a fantastic achievement.
Hot off the Press News: TRC’s Oldbury 10 mile race incorporating the Avon Championships on Sunday 9th of September is already sold out three months in advance . We have reached the limit of 400 entries and there is already a waiting list of 36! Amazing!
- Tuesday nights. Now that the Beginners Group have finished their 6 week course we now have 4 Groups on a Tuesday – Beginners, Steady, Steady+ & Intervals/Efforts. Kevin Wood is organizing.
- Sunday 10th June. 4th event in the TRC Championships – Bradley Stoke 10k (entries are closed) Let’s see who is going to challenge the leader board currently topped by John & Clare Watt.
- Saturday 30th June. Cotswold Way Relay – TRC entering 4 Teams of 10 people. Mike Bennewitz and Judy Mills are organising a Club recce’s of most of the Legs over the next few months If you are interested see Mike or Judy. We still have spaces in the 4 teams we are entering this year so please put your name down if you’d like to run this most iconic race across the Cotswold Way”. Don’t forget the club is paying for entries, we’ve entered an additional team this year so it would be great if we could fill all places!!”
- Saturday 30th June. TRC Summer Party at Cathy & Rob’s Farm. An event for all TRC Members including the Cotswold Way after-party from 19.00. BYO food and drink, picnic blanket & chairs. BBQ again like at Wattys last year. We are keeping it simple and informal this year as some people will be coming in late direct from the Cotswold way. Please add your name to the list on Thursday so we know how many are to be expected.
- Tuesday 3rd July. Please help publicise the second ‘Introductory Course for New Runners’ 6 week course scheduled to start Tuesday 3rd July. The last course was highly successful with 9 of the 12 participants now club members. We already have 4 people signed up and keen to get more. Please tell your friends, neighbors and colleagues to contact email@example.com for more details and a registration form. If you would like a poster for work or local shop please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thurs 5th July. TRC night at the Rockhampton Fun Run and BBQ afterwards at the old Cricket Field. (see Rob)
- Thurs 12th July. The Thornbury 10k. Ros & Kevin will be looking for volunteers to help with this event. Please give your name to Ros or Kevin Cundy if you can help with Marshalling. If you fancy checking out the 10k course then the Km points are all marked out on the roads.
- TRC Race Championships 2018
- No5 & last event . Woodchester Park 10k Sun 2nd Sept. Entries open £8
That’s all this week.