It has been a long 2 months since we last sent out a Club Night newsletter! However we are back on Thursday night this week – it will be different and we have to make sure we follow all the guidelines issued by the Government and England Athletics. All Members should have had an e-mail dated 29th July from Kevin Wood, our acting Captain, explaining everything in detail about what we all need to do to recommence Club Night.
Meet Thursday 7pm top car park at the Leisure Centre. You can use the toilets but no changing or showers. The top car park is marked out with the usual Group names (7 min, 8 min, 9 min, 11 min, 5k, & walkers) Go direct to your Group area for 7.00 to meet your leaders and have your name taken.
Please remember that by attending you are confirming that within the last 14 days you have NOT:
• Experienced a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Experienced a new sore throat, loss of taste or smell that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
• Had a temperature at or above 37.8C or the sense of having a fever?
• Had close contact with someone who is or was sick with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
(Note: Close contact is defined as within 2 metres for more than 10 consecutive minutes)
• Been isolating? (applies to you or a household member)
If you can answer YES to any of these questions you must NOT attend.
Please remember – this applies to you all
• Maintain social distancing at all times
• Follow hygiene procedures
• Follow public guidance for health
• Run in groups of no more than 6 people.
• Bring your own water (no tea or squash after)
• On return after your run please do not gather in groups
• Don’t wear Club colours.
1. Club Virtual Challenge #4 Walk, Run & Quiz
Entries close on Sunday 16th August with the winner being announced on Thursday 20th August. The event is open to all club members and their families. It’s about enjoying the locality and answering a few questions along the way, not about your run time. The clues are in clusters, so for these who want to run it you don’t have to keep stopping. You can complete the quiz in one or more walks / runs, or even drive to a different start point. Answers to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 16th August.
2. Vice Captain
Acting Captain Kevin Wood has appointed Natalie Bennett as his Vice Captain for the remainder of this year to help organise things.
3. Tuesday Night sessions
Once we are happy that Thursday nights are working we will aim bring back Tuesday night ‘efforts’ from the top car park at the Leisure Centre. In the meantime a few of us are doing efforts on a Tuesday in the Mundy PF start at 6pm.
4. The Next Beginners Course.
This has been postponed until 17th March 2021.
5. Road, trail and cross country races.
We are still waiting for a final announcement on the London Marathon – this is expected Friday 7th August. All local races have been cancelled or postponed – with one local exception The Severn Bridge 10k scheduled for the end of August. This race is using the Motorway carriageway of the old Severn Bridge and is having a staggered start over 2 hours . The race is full as they cancelled the Half Marathon and offered places on the 10k instead. This year’s Glos League Cross Country events are provisionally scheduled for 22 Nov, 12 Dec, 9 Jan & 27 Feb. Our Riverbank Rollick is still scheduled for Sunday 10th January 2021 using the Castle School as the HQ again.
6. Off road running
We have been contacted by South Glos Council regarding runners using fields where there are livestock. A farmer in Oldbury recently lost some sheep after runners had disturbed a flock. There is no suggestion that our Members were involved but please remember to follow the Country code when you are out running in fields where there are livestock.
That’s all for this week. If you have anything to add or any suggestions or announcements please send by e-mail to email@example.com
Let’s try and make the Thursday night run a safe and enjoyable experience and please observe the points above – groups of no more than 6 and social distancing wherever possible.