Please ensure you wear Hi-Viz tops and you are welcome to bring head torches
Groups for 6th Feb: Committee Meeting tonight so some of the runs maybe cut a bit short!
• 7 min Group with Rob Watkins
• 8 min Group with Ben Foss
• 8.30 min Group with Kevin Wood
• 9-10 min Group with Mike Bennewitz
• 10+ min Group with Arthur Renshaw
• 5k Group with Pete Mainstone/Rebecca Twyman
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Suzy Cundy
• Tea Rota Next Week: Alan Pascoe
• Welcome Desk this week : Hannah Hamilton
• Tuesday 18th February (19.00-21.00) Preventing the New Year Injury – getting back to fitness. Session by Thornbury Clinic & Active Lifestyle Centre Free to attend. More info www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/preventing-the-new-year-injury-tickets-89229027423
• Sunday 8th March 20.15 – Swimarathon. It is that time of year again. TRC usually enter 3 Teams of 6 swimmers. If you want to join in see Arthur Renshaw. Its all for Charity of course. http://thornburyrotary.org/Swimarathon/ We don’t expect you to get sponsorship – just pay £10 each to swim. Any volunteers for the 3 Team Captains? I have 8 people interested so far – I need another 10
• Sunday 15th March – Bath Half. We have access to some free Charity places for the Bath Half . You would be running for “Off the record” Charity and need to raise a minimum of £50 in sponsorship (they would like £200) . T shirt included that you will have to wear. www.offtherecord-banes.co.uk/ Contact Pete Mainstone if interested.
• Friday 10th April – Westonbirt House 10k & Half Marathon. We have arranged a 10% discount with DB Max for the Westonbirt House 10k both at Easter and summer. Only the Easter 10k at Westonbirt counts to the club championship. It also includes the half at Westonbirt House at Easter as well. Thornbury RC should be put into the entry discount section.
• Saturday 18th April – Dursley Aquathlon. A new event – 400mt or 200mt swim followed by 5k road run. £15 entry. The link to the entry page, which also has further details of the race is here. www.britishtriathlon.org/events/dursley-aquathlon_11906
• Sunday 26th April – London Marathon
• Monday 11th May – Berkeley 10k
• Monday 18th May – Hogweeds 10k
• Wednesday 24th June – Chippenham Longest Day 10k . We have arranged a 10% discount with DB Max for the Chippenham 10k. Thornbury RC should be put into the entry discount section.
• Thursday 16th July – Thornbury 10k. The Club’s next event.
New TRC Committee for 2020. If you would like to get involved in running TRC then let any Committee Member know before the end of January. We would welcome any new and younger Members joining us on the Committee. It would be really good to have some fresh ideas!.
2020 TRC Race Championships – any 3 from 6 to count.
1. Westonbirt House 10k Good Friday 10th April
2. Berkeley 10k Monday 11th May
3. Hogweed. 10k. Monday 18th May
4. Chippenham 10k Wednesday 24th June
5. Magor 10k. Saturday 1st August
6. Woodchester 8mile MT Sunday 6th September
Results reporting – If you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the Gazette please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.