At the time of posting this Pete is still in hospital. He managed to catch an infection in BRI which has knocked him back a bit. He is slowly getting better now and I am sure you will all join me in wishing him a speedy recovery and we look forward to welcoming him back. Kevin Wood is standing in for Pete as Captain for the time being.
Groups for 5th March:
• 7 min Group with Rob Watkins
• 8 min Group with Kevin Cundy
• 8.30 min Group with Kevin Wood
• 9-10 min Group with Jim Williams
• 10+ min Group with Liz Dix
• 5k Group with tba
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Arthur Renshaw
• Tea Rota Next Week: Nigel Hale
• Welcome Desk this week : Kevin Cundy
• Sunday 8th March 19.15 – Swimarathon. [NOTE CHANGE OF TIME] We are entering 3 Teams of 6 swimmers – there are only 2 places left. If you want to join in see Arthur Renshaw. It’s all for Charity of course. http://thornburyrotary.org/Swimarathon/ We don’t expect you to get sponsorship – just pay £10 each to swim. Late News – we can have another Team of 6 if anyone wants to get a Team together.
• Wednesday 18th March – Beginners Course Week 1 (19.00). A new course for 9 weeks and already 22 people signed up. We need a couple more supporters please. Just to help on one or two Wednesdays, good fun and very rewarding. To join in or get more info speak to Kevin (Wood) or e-mail email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org
• Thursday 26th March – TRC AGM. All Members welcome. 20.45 at the Leisure Centre after our run.. Free draw for Chocolates and Champagne for all those attending!
• Friday 10th April – Westonbirt House 10k & Half Marathon. We have arranged a 10% discount with DB Max for the Westonbirt House 10k both at Easter and summer. Only the Easter 10k at Westonbirt counts to the club championship. It also includes the half at Westonbirt House at Easter as well. Thornbury RC should be put into the entry discount section.
• Sunday 26th April – London Marathon
• Thursday 30th April – Leisure Centre: our usual room is being used so we are being moved to the Snooker Room again.
• Monday 11th May – Berkeley 10k
• Monday 18th May – Hogweeds 10k
• Wednesday 24th June – Chippenham Longest Day 10k . We have arranged a 10% discount with DB Max for the Chippenham 10k. Thornbury RC should be put into the entry discount section.
• Thursday 16th July – Thornbury 10k. The Club’s next event.
New TRC Committee for 2020. If you would like to get involved in running TRC then let any Committee Member know in the next few weeks before the AGM.. We would welcome any new and younger Members joining us on the Committee. It would be really good to have some fresh ideas!.
HELP WANTED: We are looking for someone (or two) to help with keeping TRC’s Members race results up to date on the website (see Jim Godden if you can help) and for looking after the Club kit we sell (see Kevin Cundy if you can help)
2020 TRC Race Championships – any 3 from 6 to count.
1. Westonbirt House 10k Good Friday 10th April
2. Berkeley 10k Monday 11th May
3. Hogweed. 10k. Monday 18th May
4. Chippenham 10k Wednesday 24th June
5. Magor 10k. Saturday 1st August
6. Woodchester 8mile MT Sunday 6th September
Results reporting – If you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the Gazette please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.