Each week you should only get two e-mails from TRC:
• A weekly Bulletin with info we think you need to know and dates for events and activities.
• A Race Report e-mail with results if there are any. If you have results you would like included please e-mail Paul Harrod email@example.com
From today all Covid -19 Government restrictions have been removed so we can stop Track & Trace. However Thornbury Leisure Centre is maintaining many of the restrictions including QR code on check-in and mask wearing around the Centre is their preferred choice. Please respect their requirements.
Thursday Club Night Leaders
• 7 min – Nick Williams
• 8 min – Kevin Cundy
• 9 min – Mike Bennewitz
• 10 min – Hugh McPherson
• 12 min(5k) – Caron Hale
• Walking – Val James
1. parkrun – Saturday 24th July
Would be great to see everyone running, or supporting, the first parkrun back on Saturday 24th July at Thornbury. Appreciate that for some of you training for longer events, 5k is a little short. I am London training so plan to run to Thornbury, run the 5k and then do a further loop home to get my training distance. Club T shirts at the ready!
Thornbury parkrun are also looking for volunteers to help on the 24th July – see Malc Carr if you can help.
In future weeks I will nominate a parkrun of the month to try and get as many club members as possible to each location. A good social opportunity and a chance to promote the club.
2. Lockdown is lifting, we are back running, we can share lifts, and it’s time for a social! – Thursday 29th July
On Thursday 29th July ALL groups will be meeting at Olveston Sport and Social Club, Alveston Road (NOT Thornbury Leisure Centre) for a run leaving at 7pm as usual. Leaders will be aiming to get back for 8pm for much needed refreshment in the bar. There is a lot of parking on-site. Further details next week.
3. Pete Mainstone Challenge Events
29th August – Severn Bridge 10k
5th September – Woodchester
4. Tytherington 10k – Sunday 17th October to be confirmed
Further details to follow once the event has all the necessary approvals.