Thursday Club Night Leaders
Steve Dimond will be leading a mixed group around the best of the Xmas lights around Alveston. If you want to run faster or further you can always run extra loops. There will be no timed groups tonight.
As a reminder the room is available before the run to keep dry / warm, chat, store stuff etc all we ask is please be in the car park by 7:00pm ready to run. Check out the spacious room if you have not taken a look already. Face Masks are now required to move around the Leisure Centre.
If you are unable to make the date below please arrange for somebody to take your place.
- 16/12 – No tea – Xmas Lights Run from Thornbury Cricket Club
- 23/12 – Beck Vaughan
- 30/12 – Catherine Dack
- 06/01/22 – Chelsea Carnall
- Club Xmas Lights Run & Food – Thursday 16th December – Final Details
We have 70 people attending and need to take some appropriate precautions. Many organisations are cancelling Xmas events and we propose going ahead based on your help as listed below. We must do our bit as a club and try to keep everyone as safe as we have a wide age range and potentially vulnerable category people:
- In light of recent Government announcements about COVID we are asking everyone to please take a lateral flow test (LFT) on Thurs 16/12 and return a negative result before attending. If somebody in your household is isolating, even if you test negative, we would ask you to do the right thing please. There also appears to be heavy colds and winter flu going around which might not be best shared, especially so close to Christmas.
- Please bringing warm clothing as we will have windows and doors open for ventilation and those who want to can mingle outside in the heated marquee.
- Please do what you feel comfortable with doing e.g. okay with everything but showering in a confined space, just bring a warm track suit.
Santa’s Elf Steve Dimond will lead a run leaving promptly at 7:00pm, and planning to get back by 8:00pm. Ladies get the showers 8:00-8:15, the men 8:15-8:30 and at 8:30 the food will be served. (Note: For those driving parking can be difficult so please arrive in good time to park).
- Do You Still Want Tea?
For those new to the club, tea & biscuits after the run was an important social opportunity which we have missed for the past 2 years. Having had to meet outside we returned to providing tea inside TLC several months ago. However we have had very few people come inside. We are now considering if we should cancel our room booking and would like your comments please. By cancelling it we save money and avoid the need for a tea rota. However we do miss out on a warm place to meet before & after and a social opportunity. If we cancel now the room may not be available to us in the future. We will review all your comments at the committee meeting 10/1/22. Thanks. Please e-mail Kevin Wood firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Social – Annual Awards Event
You voted recently to have a Club Social at the end of the Club Year (March/April) and we are beginning planning. The committee decided to do something different and have a more informal event than the previous dinner dances (with a lower ticket price). We will also use this event to present the club awards e.g. Pete Mainstone Challenge Winners, parkrun Awards, Helen Ralphs Memorial Award, Announcement of the Club London Marathon place, Club Recognition Awards …. What we now need are a few volunteers to help with the event, without some help we won’t be able to go ahead. We have a budget, we just need your help please. E-mail email@example.com
- Riverbank Rollick – Sunday 16th January 2022
Thank you to all those who have volunteered to help. We can always use a few more volunteers so let Jo Plumbley the Race Director know. We will be contacting all the volunteers to let you know about your role as soon as possible. A Sunday morning recce of the course and Marshal positions will be arranged. Entries opened Friday evening and so far we are 50% full (200+)
- Club parkrun of the Month – First parkrun of the year
January ‘Club parkrun of the Month’ will be Rogiet parkrun on 8/1/22 – “Three laps on a mixture of grass and trail” https://www.parkrun.org.uk/rogiet/course/ (Note: Normally I would propose first Sat of the month, 1/1, but I suspect some people have plans for New Year’s day). Don’t forget we have the Club parkrun Annual Awards at the end of the club year (end march) based on both female and male number of events, actual time and age adjusted.
- Pete Mainstone Challenge
Two events to go in the 2021-22 Pete Mainstone Challenge.
- 19th December Chippenham Shortest Day 10k
- 27th Feb – Challenge Finale – Pontypool Park 10k (Pete’s personal pick!)
- Full results to date can be found on the TRC website: https://www.thornburyrunningclub.co.uk/racing/members-results/rr-champs-results-2010-2/results-2021/
- Club Kit
The bulk kit order has now been placed with the supplier and we have been given a delivery date of mid-March! We still do have a lot of T-shirts and vests in stock, contact Carol Mosses at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Nights (Last updated 15/11/21)
Please don’t attend if you have any COVID symptoms or are self-isolating. For the latest list of COVID symptoms please see: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/main-symptoms/#symptoms If you have tested positive for COVID please follow Government guidelines regarding isolation, which is currently 10 days, and do not attend the Club. Once your isolation period is completed we would kindly ask you to take a lateral flow test which returns a negative result before attending Club.