This Sunday morning is the Club’s traditional pre-Xmas ‘Mince Pie’ run from Wotton-under-Edge (The Chippings Car Park) We are a week early this year as it is the Chippenham 10k & the Weston 10k next Sunday 19th.
Four, or possibly five, groups leaving at various times all back by 11:00 for coffee & mince pies in the car park. If interested please use the ‘Sunday Long Runs’ WhatsApp group or just turn up at the appropriate time. For those that haven’t done it before all routes around Wotton are off road and very hilly and it will be wet and muddy. Also it is traditional to wear something festive even if only a piece of tinsel!
Times for leaving the Chippings Car Park:
- 8:00 Long Group: Route to be decided approx. 16+ miles. Leader tbc (this may not happen- depends on getting a leader)
- 8:45 Medium Group: Traditional-ish route 8-ish miles and it will not be fast! Leaders Judy Mills & Arthur Renshaw.
- 9:00 Faster Medium Group: Leader and route tbc but about 8 miles at 8 – 9 mins per mile pace.
- 9:30 Shorter Group: To Monument and back 4 -5 miles. Leader Jim Williams.
- 9:30 Walkers Group: Route & Leader tba.