Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to all our Members.
Please ensure you wear Hi-Viz tops and you are welcome to bring head torches
Groups for 02 Jan:
• 7 min Group with Jim Godden
• 8 min Group with tbc
• 8.30 min Group (trial) Kevin Wood
• 9-10 min Group with Chris Pritchard
• 10+ min Group with Liz Dix
• 5k Group with Pete Mainstone/Rebecca Twyman
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Hannah Kinlock-Haken
• Tea Rota Next Week: Mike Bennewitz
• Welcome Desk this week :Carol Mosses
• Tuesday 24th Dec, Thursday 26th Dec and Tues 31st Dec – No TRC Meeting; Leisure Centre closed. If you want to run you will have to sort out amongst yourselves!
• Thursday 2nd January 2020 – TRC back to normal, Leisure Centre open, usual room. Come and have a run in the new kit you got for Xmas!
• Friday 3rd January 2020 – TRC Xmas Dinner & Party. Still last minute places available – See Suzy Cundy with your money and menu choice.
• Saturday 4th January 2020 – Glos League XC 4 Rendcombe College
• Sunday 12th January 2020 – TRC famous Riverbank Rollick. The same route as last year is now confirmed. We need about 80 people to help on the day – we are finalizing the list over the next week or two. In the meantime if you have not yet been asked please let Jo Emerson or Arthur Renshaw know if you can help or want a specific job. The basic principle is that you will be doing the same job in the same place as last year – please make sure you tell us if you can’t. The Castle School is Race HQ and the race starts at 11am.
• Sunday 16th February 2020 – Glos League XC 5 Cheltenham
For those that didn’t get to the pre-Xmas party on 19 Dec this is what was went on…
• We presented local Charity “Phase”, our chosen Charity for 2019, with a cheque for £1,200
• Another local Charity from Alveston had the most votes in the Poll of Members and “Made A Mark” will be our chosen Charity for 2020
• Mike Bennewitz has been awarded the Club place for the London Marathon in 2020.
• Carol Mosses has been awarded the Helen Ralph Trophy for this year – once the trophy has been engraved we will present this to Carol.
• We did eat a lot of Pizzas! – Thanks to Kevin Wood for organizing the Pizzas and to Ros for sorting out everything else and supplying the salads and desserts.
New TRC Committee for 2020. If you would like to get involved in running TRC then let ant Committee Member know before the end of January. We would welcome any new and younger Members joining us on the Committee. It would be really good to have some fresh ideas!.
2020 TRC Race Championships – any 3 from 6 to count.
1. Westonbirt 10k Good Friday
2. Berkeley 10k May Monday
3. Hogweed. 10k. May
4. Chippenham. 10k June Wednesday
5. Magor 10k. August Saturday
6. Woodchester September
Results reporting – If you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the Gazette please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.