- The Club membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March
- The membership application form contains details of the annual membership cost.
- We have no weekly subscription fees so you get all the benefits for a fixed cost.
- If you are joining part way through the year there is a reduced membership fee – details on the application form.
- To make renewal easier please set up a standing order to a/c No. 01190517, Bank sort Code 30-12-04, Amount, Payment date 1st April each year, Reference: please include your full name as a reference.
- If, for some reason, you do not wish to set up a SO, please pay on-line to a/c No. 01190517, Bank sort Code 30-12-04, please include your full name as a reference.
- If you cannot do either of the above we will accept cheques, made payable to ‘Thornbury Running Club’.
England Athletics (EA) Membership:
The club will subsidise England Athletics fees (£15 down to £10). Individual EA membership entitles members to certain benefits. See the EA website for more. The race and equipment discounts alone can cover the club and EA fees. Here are some benefits, but check their website as the offers and discounts change periodically:
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes – under UKA Rules for Competition many competitions, particularly track and field, are only open to registered athletes.
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licensed road and multi-terrain events.
EA membership also allows the club to get guaranteed London Marathon places which members can apply for if they fail the public ballot. See the Rule 8 in Rules and Constitution, under committee.
For those people who wish to take advantage of the England Athletics subsidy (the club pays £5 towards your membership), you must renew before 1st April.
Please renew as soon as possible as this helps the club understand its financial position and our ability to plan and invest in event, training etc.
Thornbury Running Club is only open to members over the age of 18 years old (some exceptions are possible in certain circumstances and a parent or guardian must be present).
There are a number of local clubs that can cater for runners under 18 years old. Through our relationship with Running Revolutions we would suggest that you consider South Glos AC as a possible club if you are under 18.