The main benefit is that you get to run, train, improve your running and join in with other like minded souls in the wonderful world of club running. You will find other people of your own level and aspirations, be introduced to new routes and events that you never knew about before, and generally enjoy the exhilaration, companionship and fun of getting out and running.
In addition to running we have a number of well supported regular social activities too, such as curry nights, Christmas Party or informal drinks after club nights and events.
Benefits of Membership …
- Up to 3 days/week where you can join in with organised sessions led by UK Athletics qualified leaders
- Access to TRC UK Athletics qualified coaches
- Discover new and exciting off road local routes
- The safety of running in a group (especially on dark winter nights)
- Discounted entry into on certain events (*England Athletic (EA) membership may also be required) e.g. Cross Country and Club Championship nominated events
- Discount on English Athletic and British Triathlon Association membership
- Entry into club handicap events with prizes
- Discount off gym membership at Active Fit
- Discount at various sports shops (typically the discount on one pair of new running shoes almost covers your membership fee!)
- Invitation to club social events (often subsidised)
- Access to great value quality club kit
- Tea, squash & biscuits on Thursday nights!
If that is not enough, there are good financial reasons to join and easily recoup your membership fee. The following organisations have offered discount to TRC Members in the past:
- MOTI – 49 Whiteladies Rd, Bristol BS8 2LS
- Ellis Brigham – 160 Whiteladies Rd, Bristol BS8 2XZ
- Easy Runner – 6 Horfield Rd, Avon, Bristol BS2 8EA
- Up and Running – 38 North View, Westbury Park, Bristol BS6 7QA
- Thornbury Leisure Centre – Alveston Hill, Thornbury BS35 3JB
- Ray Sunnucks (Physiotherapy treatment)
- Johnson & Furze (Optician) – 7 Chapel St, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 2BJ
- The Thornbury Clinic – Physiotherapy, Massage, Pilates and Yoga – 4 Castle Street, Thornbury, Bristol, BS35 1HB – https://thethornburyclinic.co.uk/
- £45 for initial assessment
- £36 for follow up treatments
- £40 for a 1 hour massage
- £24 for a half hour massage
- £36 for a 121 pilates or yoga session
- We do not have formal agreements with all of the organisations listed above, so please check before making your purchase to ensure that the discount is still available.
- You do not need a Membership Card to receive the discount, simply say you are a member and they might ask you an easy question about the club.
- If you find other organisations willing to offer TRC a discount please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be added to the list for everyone’s benefit
- Other retailers are available!