For those of you who really are desperate to test your new found speed developed during lockdown at a real race then DBMax have the event for you. Join us on Sunday August 23rd at the Castle Combe race circuit for our first ‘Covid Secure’ run, the International Beer Day 10k.
DBMax have been working hard in these unprecedented times, to bring you a brand new summer 10k. We’ll have live online results, competitors starting in small groups, traffic-free running and a private venue at which we can control conditions to keep everyone safe.
Having trialled it our sell-out bicycle time trial events this summer, we know how to keep you #CovidSafe.
So how does it work?
• Sign up on the link below and select the time slot you’d like.
• If you have members of your club/team/family you want to run with, enter the team name in the appropriate place on the entry form and we will do our best to ensure you can run together!
How does it work on the day?
• You will arrive in to the car park no more than 30 minutes before your race start.
• You will head to the start line which is approximately 750 metres away. You can warm up on the walk/jog to the start line.
• At the start area you will need to wear a face covering.. A doubled up buff is a great choice as you can then transfer to your wrist for your run.
• In the start area you will queue at 2 metres intervals to collect your timing chip which you will then place on your ankle.
• When called forward you will take a place on the start line in one of the safe areas.
• The starter will give you a safety briefing, and with a blast from the horn you will be off..! Your individual time will not start until you leave the start line, so you will be able to give each other plenty of room.
• You will complete three and a half laps of the track.
• When running you will need to be at least 2 metres away from others at all times. Castle Combe Race Circuit is 14 metres wide allowing plenty of room for social distancing.
• On you final lap you will bear right into the pit lane to the finish.
• At the finish you will dispose of your chip in the special bins provided, collect your medal. There will be safe, sanitized water areas too.
• You will then follow the signs back to the car park. You must leave the venue no more than 30 minutes after your race is finished.
What else do I need to know?
• You are permitted to bring one spectator per runner and you will be required to submit their details when entering. This is necessary to support any track and trace requirements. We are sorry that we cannot permit children at this event. There will be a special spectator zone which spectators have to keep within at all times. They will not be permitted on the track or in the finish area.
• Runner bibs will be printable from the results pages. Details of this will be sent to you in advance.
Please read the full list of the rules HERE.
Enter the Race here…