Please ensure you wear Hi-Viz tops and you are welcome to bring head torches
Groups this week:
• 7 min Group with Jim Godden?
• 8 min Group with Kevin Cundy
• 9-10 min Group with Jim Williams
• 10+ min Group with Rachel Murphy
• 5k Group with Pete Mainstone
• The Walking Group
• Tea Rota This week : Alan Gatling
• Tea Rota Next Week : Paul Thomas
• Welcome Desk this week :Chris Foley
• Saturday 7th December – Gwent League XC Blaise Castle ; Maybe Thornbury park run as well for the first time in a good while??
• Thursday 12th December – General Election Day. Meet at the Leisure Centre as normal but in the Snooker room (downstairs). Steve Dimond is leading a Club Run around the best Xmas lights in Thorrnbury. No other Leaders are required. Also TRC Committee meeting at 21.00
• Saturday 14th December – Glos League XC 3 Old Down Park
• Thursday 19th December – Short ‘Xmas Lights’ run from Thornbury CC then TRC pre Xmas Party. (no meeting at the Leisure Centre) All Members welcome (£5 for non-Members) This year it is Pizza, Salad & Ros’s desserts. Announcement of the TRC 2020 London Marathon place will also be made at the Party.
• Sunday 22nd December – TRC Mince Pie Run Wootton Under Edge. Runs to be arranged
• Tuesday 24th Dec, Thursday 26th Dec and Tues 31st Dec – No TRC Meeting; Leisure Centre closed. If you want to run you will have to sort out amongst yourselves!
• Thursday 2nd January 2020 – TRC back to normal, Leisure Centre open, usual room. Come and have a run in the new kit you got for Xmas!
• Friday 3rd January 2020 – TRC Xmas Dinner & Party. Still last minute places available – See Suzy Cundy with your money and menu choice.
• Saturday 4th January 2020 – Glos League XC 4 Rendcombe College
• Sunday 12th January 2020 – TRC famous Riverbank Rollick. The same route as last year is now confirmed. We need about 80 people to help on the day – we will be approaching everyone over the next week or two. In the meantime let Jo Emerson or Arthur Renshaw know if you can help or want a specific job. The basic principle is that you will be doing the same job in the same place as last year – tell us if you can’t please.
• Sunday 16th February 2020 – Glos League XC 5 Cheltenham
British Triathlon Association – TRC affiliation for 2020
BTA’s affiliation fee is going up from £100 to £250 for 2020!. There is little justification for TRC to affiliate in 2020 unless the Membership can demonstrate that we have sufficient Members wanting to compete in Triathlons/Duathlons in 2020. If you want us to reconsider then you Triathletes need to get together and show the Committee that there are enough of you to warrant TRC affiliating in 2020. A quick poll on Thursday suggested the numbers are less than 10! (Individual BTA Membership which gives full insurance whilst training is discounted by £11 if you are in an affiliated Club)
TRC Xmas Dinner & Party – Friday 3rd January 2020
If you don’t want to miss out then you will need to contact Suzy Cundy and book your places with your money and menu choice as soon as possible. Club subsidised to £30 per head – full price £36 per head.
Nominated Charity 2020-21
Each year TRC nominates a Charity that we support. We usually are able make a donation of over £1000 from receipts for refreshments at the Riverbank Rollick and surpluses from our 3 races. Your Committee is inviting nominations for our Charity for next year. Any nominations with a few words of why they should be chosen to Arthur Renshaw (Chairman) by Thursday 12 December. We have had 3 nominations so far.
2020 TRC Race Championships – any 3 from 6 to count.
1. Westonbirt 10k Good Friday
2. Berkeley 10k May Monday
3. Hogweed. 10k. May
4. Chippenham. 10k June Wednesday
5. Magor 10k. August Saturday
6. Woodchester September
Results reporting – If you want to see your results on the TRC website and in the Gazette please make sure you enter any races as “Thornbury RC”. This also applies to your parkrun profile. If you are not down as Thornbury RC we cannot guarantee your results will be picked up
Please send any results for publication to Matt Johnstone email@example.com
The Leisure Centre have asked us to remind everyone that after your off-road run please remove your muddy trainers before coming back into the Centre. Thanks for your co-operation on this.