Thornbury running club’s first event of 2018, the Riverbank Rollick, was held on January 14th at 11.00.
Professional photographs after the event will be available to buy from Charles Witton Photography on this (click) page.
This year Thornbury RC is supporting Brain Tumour Support www.braintumoursupport.co.uk. Donations towards tea and cakes go directly to this very worthy cause. The club also gives a portion of all three of its annual races to the charity.
General information about the race follows.
The Riverbank Rollick is about 9 miles (14km) long with 430ft (130m) of ascent and is 80 per cent off-road, on trails, bridle paths, across fields and through woodland.
It starts at the Pithay near St Mary’s Church, Thornbury, and goes out to St Arilda’s Church at Oldbury, down to the scenic Severn Riverbank, turning left along the estuary for about 1.5 miles past Whale Wharf with views of the Bridge and Chepstow.
It then heads back through the village of Littleton Upon Severn and beside Thornbury Golf course to return to the Playing Fields.
There is a water station at Littleton, approximately 5.6 miles (9 km) from the start.
The course offers different terrains, different places, different views… and is probably different to anything you’ve tried before. Challenging too, but very rewarding.
We will be issuing medals for each race organised by TRC. Together these medals will join together if you complete all 3 races (Riverbank Rollick, Thornbury 10km and the Oldbury 10 miler.)
- There will be a waiting list on the full on sport website should the event fill up.
- If you need to edit your entry or transfer your place to another runner, that can also be done on the Full On Sport event page so it’s now within your control so you can check the entries list and see the change immediately.
- There will be team and individual prizes in all major categories.
- The race will be run under ARC Rules (Permit ARC/18/020).
- Race numbers with attached chips will be issued on the day – the race is gun to chip timed
Some sections are on private land with the owners’ permission only for the race. At other times please follow paths clearly marked as public footpaths or bridleways.
If you have any questions or issues please contact Race Director email@example.com