Thank you everyone. The race has sold out in less than a week! If you missed out it is definitely worth joining the waiting list on FullOnSport as places often become available.
Thornbury running club’s first event of 2018, the Riverbank Rollick, will be held on January 14th at 11.00.
The Riverbank Rollick is 9 miles long with 120m of ascent and is 80 per cent off-road, on trails, bridle paths, across fields and through woodland.
It starts at the Pithay near St Mary’s Church, Thornbury, and goes out to St Arilda’s Church at Oldbury, down to the scenic Severn Riverbank, turning left along the estuary for about 1.5 miles past Whale Wharf with views of the Bridge and Chepstow.
It then heads back through the village of Littleton Upon Severn and beside Thornbury Golf course to return to the Playing Fields.
There is a water station at Littleton, approximately 5.8 miles (9 km) from the start.
The course offers different terrains, different places, different views… and is probably different to anything you’ve tried before. Challenging too, but very rewarding.
We will be issuing medals for each race organised by TRC. Together these medals will join together if you complete all 3 races (Riverbank Rollick, Thornbury 10km and the Oldbury 10 miler.)
- There will be a waiting list on the full on sport website should the event fill up.
- If you need to edit your entry or transfer your place to another runner, that can also be done on the Full On Sport event page so it’s now within your control so you can check the entries list and see the change immediately.
- There will be team and individual prizes in all major categories.
- The race will be run under ARC Rules (Permit ARC/18/020).
- Race numbers with attached chips will be issued on the day – the race is gun to chip timed
Important information regarding race day:
- Start is 15 min walk/10 minute jog from Mundy fields
- Car parking is 10/15 minute walk from Mundy fields. Click here for car parking information. (Please share cars where you can to minimise traffic)
- There is a baggage tent available to leave your bags – the club accept no responsibility for missing/damage to items within bags
- We will also have use of the shower blocks (but with limited hot water)
- Check back here or Facebook for more instructions and any updates before race day
We look forward to seeing you on race day!
COURSE MAP PDF OS map version or Google map version (which can be exported as gpx for gps devices) Note that some sections are on private land with the owners’ permission only for the race. At other times please follow paths clearly marked as public footpaths or bridleways.
If you have any questions or issues please contact Race Director email@example.com