Normal Groups Thursday….
- 7 min Group as normal
- 8 min Group off road with Lizzie or Ros
- 9-10 min Group off road with Angela
- 11+ min Group on road with Suzy or Cathy
- 5k Group with Rebecca
- The Walking Group
Yet another successful extreme race for Ros who finished the very hilly Hardmoors 110 mile Ultra in North Yorkshire at the weekend in 34 hrs 58 mins 49 secs in 9th place. Well done Ros!
In a slightly shorter race congratulations are in order for Magda Johnson did her first Marathon in Dorcester last weekend in 6:28:40. Magda has worked very hard with her training and now joins her Group who have all done marathons in the last couple of years. Well done Magda!
- Tuesday nights. Now that the Beginners Group have finished their 6 week course we now have 4 Groups on a Tuesday – Beginners, Steady, Steady+ & Intervals/Efforts. Kevin Wood is organizing.
- Sunday 10th June. 4th event in the TRC Championships – Bradley Stoke 10k (entries are closed)
- Saturday 30th June. Cotswold Way Relay – TRC entering 4 Teams of 10 people. Mike Bennewitz and Judy Mills are organising a Club recce’s of most of the Legs over the next few months If you are interested see Mike or Judy. We still have spaces in the 4 teams we are entering this year so please put your name down if you’d like to run this most iconic race across the Cotswold Way”. Don’t forget the club is paying for entries, we’ve entered an additional team this year so it would be great if we could fill all places!!”
- Saturday 30th June. TRC Summer Party at Cathy & Rob’s Farm. An event for all TRC Members including the Cotswold Way after-party from 19.00. BYO food and drink, picnic blanket & chairs. BBQ again like at Wattys last year. We are keeping it simple and informal this year as some people will be coming in late direct from the Cotswold way. Please add your name to the list so we know how many are to be expected.
- Tuesday 3rd July. Please help publicise the second ‘Introductory Course for New Runners’ 6 week course scheduled to start Tuesday 3rd July. The last course was highly successful with 9 of the 12 participants now club members. We already have 4 people signed up and keen to get more. Please tell your friends, neighbours and colleagues to contact email@example.com for more details and a registration form. If you would like a poster for work or local shop please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thurs 5th July. TRC night at the Rockhampton Fun Run and BBQ afterwards at the old Cricket Field. (see Rob)
- Thurs 12th July. The Thornbury 10k. Ros & Kevin will be looking for volunteers to help with this event. Please give your name to Ros or Kevin Cundy if you can help with Marshalling. If you fancy checking out the 10k course then the Km points are all marked out on the roads.
- Sun 9th Sept. The Oldbury 10 mile race incorporating the Avon Championships. As of this week, over 3 months before the event, we have 348 entries against the limit of 400 – only 52 places remaining!
- TRC Race Championships 2018
- 5. Woodchester Park 10k Sun 2nd Sept. Entries open £8
That’s all this week.